Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get into shooting 3D competitions and stuff but don't know where to start. I have a good mathews bow and the arrows I use hunting (Gold Tip Pro Hunters) so the equipment is already there. Any info would be appreciated!

· Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
991 Posts
I shoot tournaments just about every weekend. The biggest thing to learn other than hitting what your aiming at is that you need to be a real good judge of yardage. As far as finding a tournament, I would suggest going to the ABA website and looking at their calender of events. There is a tournament every weekend somewhere. It will usually take a new person a few tournaments to get the feel for what is going on and what it takes. If you have never placed in a tournament before you could start out in Novice class. Take binoculars with you so you can see the exact spot on the target that you need to aim at, they usually arent' typical behind the shoulder real life kill shots.

· Premium Member
12,224 Posts
Where in Central AR are you? This weekend the ADHA is holding a 3D shoot at Bucksnort Archery range near Shiley - about 20 miles west and a mite north of Greers Ferry. I'm going up early Saturday morning to help run things. Need any more directions or help let me know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.