Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say howdy to y'all gents. I found this site last night while I was working a long slow shift, and researching possible bear hunting spots on the Internet. I'm sure glad I did because y'all Arky boys sure look like ya's get some hunting done! I especially liked seeing Turkeyhunter's hog hunting photo's. Now I got the itch to find a hound dog guide to hire for a hog hunt.

Anyone here know where a feller can find a good hog hound guide:head:?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
We don't have hogs up here in the Northern end of the state, yet, so I can't help you with the guide. Somebody will chime up directly and help. But Welcome aboard! Hang around, you'll like it here!:thumb:

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
Good grief, mutt....you don't need a dawg, just get out into the bottoms with plenty ammo...sooner or later you'll figure it out!:biggrin: And oh yeah; welcome aboard...there's plenty of different talks goin on in here at the same time, just take your pic, or click the "new posts" option at the top.:up:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! With the information y'all pass around on these threads I spect' I could find a place where I'd be able to take my ole flintlock and blunder up on some hogs. But; seeing those photos of folks wrestling with them in the midst of a pack of bawling hounds got me feeling like I'm missing out of something awful fun!

I grew up over in Central Missouri and dearly loved to coon hunt and squirrel hunt over hounds. Now because of my wife's job I live in the subburbs of KC/KS. Its hard on a hunter here...ain't no way I could subject a hunting hound to this kind of "life." Only thing good is that we earn a little more than our bills, and I can afford to take a hunting trip every now and then.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I ran across a site for elk meadows in Texas, they will let you hunt em however you want. Bow, gun, dogs, spear, or you can even hand catch if you want. I don't know if you want to go to Texas but it looks like fun.:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.