Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, I am new to this beautiful state and an avid small game hunter. I'm located up in NWA and I had a few questions about WMA's and public hunting. I think I am going to try my luck out at Hobbs state park and Ozark NF for some squirrel and maybe some coon, I guess my question is about parking and hunting this public land, is there anywhere I can get a map of the hunting grounds (so I don't end up on someone's land) and can you just park on the side of the roads (gravel and state) and just walk off into the woods? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I hope to become an active member in this small game hunting community!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hi y'all, I am new to this beautiful state and an avid small game hunter. I'm located up in NWA and I had a few questions about WMA's and public hunting. I think I am going to try my luck out at Hobbs state park and Ozark NF for some squirrel and maybe some coon, I guess my question is about parking and hunting this public land, is there anywhere I can get a map of the hunting grounds (so I don't end up on someone's land) and can you just park on the side of the roads (gravel and state) and just walk off into the woods? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I hope to become an active member in this small game hunting community!
AGFC.com

·
Premium Member
Commish Weld
22,906 Posts
I used to get maps at the Forestry Commission in Little Rock. I am sure there is an office up in your neck of the woods.

Welcome to Arkansas!

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
I mainly hunt WMAs and have never been bothered by either parking in a pull off spot or at the end of dead end road. Like Luckless said don't block roads or gates and you will be fine. Hey welcome to the state and the best Hunting and Fishing Message Board Forum in the WHOLE FREAKIN WORLD!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Welcome I have no experience with that WMA, but as other have stated parking about any where out of the way of other seems to be ok. Heck even people parking in areas they shouldn't never seem to get in any trouble, but that is more of a turkey season thing blocking roads.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Most public land in the hills you can just pull over so you aren't blocking the road and go. On the Flat Land Muddy WMAs they have some designated parking lots to make it easy for the GW to round up all the duck hunters and write them tickets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.