Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i know this sounds stupid but i'm new to bow hunting and was wondering how do i know the right size arrows i need? I believe that i'm shooting 29''? Any help would be appreciated!

·
3,605 Posts
Hey guys i know this sounds stupid but i'm new to bow hunting and was wondering how do i know the right size arrows i need? I believe that i'm shooting 29''? Any help would be appreciated!
It depends on what weight bow you are shooting and the length of the arrow.

Example
Gold tip arrows are spined in weight ranges 35-55 55-75 and 75-95 lbs.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I shoot 70 lbs at 29". I buy have bought Carbon Express 6075 from WalMart since they started selling them, bout 5 years. They havn't failed me yet. $8 per arrow. This year they have them in 4" vanes and 2" blazer vanes. :thumb:

·
Registered
365 Posts
As mentioned

Do it right the first time:

Drw length
Drw weight
type of rest

Start with and get your spine correct, length can vary a bit but best to have you broadhead at 1" - 1.5" in front of your point of contact on your arrow rest. Certainly will not hurt to go even longer but keep your spine correct first and most important.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well fellows i appreciate the info and it will get me pointed in the right direction anyway...I have a Pearson single cam i believe?? anyone ever had much experience with this type of bow?? I bought it from a guy who bought from another guy that both didn't know that much about bows like me!:doh::banghead:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am shooting a 27" arrow with a 28" draw length, I am pulling 67lbs. and my arrow weights somewhere just over 400 grains. ( I think). draw length and arrow length should be close and a arrow to long adds unneeded wieght and flexiblity that cant make for inconsistent arrow flight.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cables! that was kinda what i was talking about. I think i have to long of an arrow which is making me shoot off. I have a 27'' draw length but using a 30'' arrow which i believe is causing the problem i'm having! If only i could understand somewhat of bow hunting as much as duck hunting i would be in pretty good shape!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I recently changed from 29 " to 27 ". I had my bow dailed in but when I shot broadheads, my arrows flew off pattern. Each arrow would hit the same place everytime but not were I was aiming. I think it ws fletchings more than any, but I shot some of my Father-n-laws 27 " arrows and the flew true. I lightend up the arrow and it does not shimy in the air to much any more.

What draw weight are you pulling, and what broadwieght are you shooting?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
take every thing bow if you use a release take that also. then have them measure the arrow draw to the rest you are using. arrow at a real archery shop are not that much if any more than mail order places. even if you need to drive 100 miles to a archery shop it will save you money in the long run from buying the wrong equipment. there is a shop in little rock and one in harrison . i just moved to AR in july so i'm not up to speed on archery supply's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.