Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first TC omega. The primer caps seem to be hard to get out after shooting. Is this normal? Using pyrodex 50gr.pellets(2) and Rem. 209 primer caps. Had to pry the caps just a little to get it out.Any help will be appreciated.:head:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Well, my set up is completly different..... 777 loose powder, and Remington kleen bore primers , in a CVA optima. I have never had a problem and have not heard of this problem, but the first thing I would do is get some new primers and try them. If you are feeling like trying something new, then try the Kleen Bore's ... The work great, and they help reduce the crusty ring left in the bullet seating area in the barrel.

But wheather you change or not, try new primers, or get a new breech plug for it and see if that helps.

MET

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have had the same problem many many times. You can try to switch primers
some are eaiser to get out than others. I bought a capper-decapper tool that will un stick just about any 209 no matter how stuck. It's a lot better
than breaking every finger nail.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a CVA Optima magnum that I bought last year and just love it. I haven't had much of a problem with the primer sticking except a little after shooting a lot at the range. A little anti-seige should work fine. My old TC Springfield with the hammer and little caps used to always get stuck. I had to use a knife to get those off sometimes.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I have 2 CVA's and I like them both. The capper tool is not expensive and will definitely save on the fingernails:up: It also makes it a lot easier to insert the cap. I usually put a cap in the tool and have it ready just in case it need to load the 2nd round quickly.:head:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You might try the Win 777 primers. I use to have bad sticking problems with the regular Win primers. I made a little tool to pop them out from an old dremel tool wrench. After I switched to 777 primers, no more sticking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.