Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the area and I am wanting to get my two stepsons involved witht the outdoors. Where can I find public or private land to get them started. Looking for land around Pulaski County to hunt squirrel with the boys.

Thanks
Jonathan

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Welcome to the board Johnathan. There is Holland Bottoms and Camp Robinson near you. I am unsure about the quality of squirrel hunting at either. You should be able to get a AGFC handbook and find out any particulars about seasons there. Winona is in Perry/Saline county which is a ways off but it is 160,000 acres and I am sure there are some tree rats around there along with rabbits. If you head up there go to Lake Winona and start around the lake at the upper end or below the spillway.

·
Premium Member
10,042 Posts
As Tony said - Holland Bottoms just north of Jacksonville on the east side of the freeway - use the access/service road and watch for the signs about 1 - 2 miles from J'ville - welcome aboard!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Welcome aboard, Wherever ya wind up goin, don't forget to take plenty pics....this place lives for pics:thumb:

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Welcome to the board and I think that it's a great idea that you are wanting to get your to stepsons involved in our great outdoors. Way to go. :thumb:

·
56,030 Posts
Just outta curiousity, Jonathan; are you attached to the military? And aren't there areas on base to hunt?~john

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
I think you can hunt on the base. I just talked to a guy that was stationed there for 10 yrs and he said they hunted there all the time as well as the bird sanctuary (bow only) which is around 11,000 acres from what I've been told.

·
Registered
308 Posts
you can small game hunt on base, in 1 or 2 different areas. you have to attend a hunter safety briefing and will cost you $20 if you e1-e6, $40 if you e7+ per year.... if i were you i would go to holland bottoms or camp robinson, hunting on base is almost more of a hassle then its worth. camp robinson the sportsman pass is $10 and is good for 2yrs and once you have that all you have to do is sign in before you go to the woods and sign out on your way home, and you can sign into more then 1 area at a time. compared to the base when you have a morning sign in and an afternoon sign it, with an hour of down time inbetween. and you can only sign into 1 area at a time.

·
56,030 Posts
Well, there ya go right there Jonathan....plenty of hunting right in yer back yard!:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts