Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother (Soggy Moth on here) shot the biggest white amur (aka big head carp) we've ever killed today. This fish was 51" long and had a 35" girth! I found a formula online (Girth squared x length divided by 800) and came up with 78 lbs. All I know is this is a very large fish! :thumb:

I didn't get to go with him today, but I'll be down there all weekend chasin' some more whales! :thumb:

.270Win

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Hey Marty, your brother looks like a big ole boy as well.

I hope yall have a big boat. :smack:

That is a hog, did yall not have a way to check the scales?

BTW I have a set of scales just like those. :up:

Good luck this weekend, and yall be careful.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
** New State Record** White Amur (Bighead Carp) by Soggy Moth!

Soggy Moth called the G&F in Brinkley this morning and they met him in Stuttgart to see his fish. They weighed it on certified scales at the post office and it weighed 70 lbs. 8 oz. after laying out all night dehydrating. They estimated the fish would have been closer to 100 lbs. while still fresh. :eek:

There was no previous catagory for the White Amur, so he's now the state record holder for unrestricted tackle. :thumb:

I predict we'll break his record this weekend.....stay tuned. :up:

.270Win

·
Registered
3,408 Posts

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I registered on their forum and posted the picture and facts. I wasn't too crazy about the arkie comments either. :down:

Thanks for posting the link ArkArcher. :up:

.270Win

·
Registered
8 Posts
We went this afternoon and shot 3 more white amur and 3 silver carp. .270Win got the biggest one today, but it was 12 lbs. smaller than my record fish. :razz: The others were in the 40 ~ 50 lb. range. .270 will post some pictures tomorrow.

Soggy Moth

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We went this afternoon and shot 3 more white amur and 3 silver carp. .270Win got the biggest one today, but it was 12 lbs. smaller than my record fish. :razz: The others were in the 40 ~ 50 lb. range. Hopefully .270 will post some pictures tomorrow.

Soggy Moth
Keep on talkin' smack brother,:skeptical: tomorrow is another day and I plan to capitalize on it to the max! See ya' in the morning. :thumb:

.270Win

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, now that Soggy Moth is the new state record holder he's thinks he's too good to shoot at "non-record" sized fish....but that's fine because I got to have most of the fun. :thumb:

A few pics from this weekend.....

This was my biggest white amur, 60+ lbs.
(L-R) Monica, Soggy Moth, Monster Amur, Me, Pop

We shot these late Friday afternoon but didn't get to take pics until the next morning.

.270Win

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.