New stands built

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flippinhntr, Aug 10, 2017 at 9:22 PM.

1. flippinhntr

flippinhntr Well-Known Member

I built a few of these X-stands today to be set up this Saturday. They are 17' and very comfortable. I only put the shooting rail on one for Mrs Flippinhntr. This is the 1st time in more years than I can remember that I haven't used a climber. Can't wait to sling some arrows from them.
    ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1502418155.672640.jpg

2. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

Looks great

3. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

Ladder stands are such a pleasure to hunt out of compared to a climber. Easy and quiet in and out. And much easier without carrying a climber on your back.

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Yea, when I went to ladder stands about 10 years or so ago I never looked back. I have several climbers that haven't been used since.

5. emerson

emerson Well-Known Member

I hope you do better than me . Build 1 about 3 years ago and it is still waiting to be put out .

6. curdog1

curdog1 Well-Known Member

harrison
    Where'd you buy them?

7. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    I'm fighting the urge to sell all of my lock on's and my climber and buy ladders. Only thing for me is the 20'+ ladder stands are higher than Snoop Dogg.

8. curdog1

harrison
    I wonder if the 20's are harder to put up than the 17's are?

9. orangefeetdown

NEA
    I'm not real sure. I've not put any up that tall. I really like the looks of the Millennium 20 ft ladder but dang it's high. I know I could probably get away with shorter and maybe it's just my own mental block, but I just don't like bow hunting any lower than 20'

10. curdog1

harrison
    I don't bow hunt but I agree with ya. I've had deer see me several times in a 15 ft 2 man stand.

11. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

I dont think I am man enough to put up a 20 footer by myself. A 17 can be a struggle and those 15 ft two man stands are a gut buster by yourself.

brushcreek likes this.
  12. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Mine are ~15' buddy stands and like SC said, they are all I want to put up by myself. We've used the 15's for several years now and kill deer from them every year.

13. cvan

cvan Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br

We've got a couple of Muddy stands that are 20 feet to platform. Two person set up is easy. I could probably put up one by myself but it would be tough! They are nice, millineum style seats with foot rest.

14. orangefeetdown

NEA
    Which model do you have?

15. curdog1

harrison
    Yes sir. I can get the 15 and 17 up easily alone but I think the 20 might best me

16. orangefeetdown

NEA
    I figure I'll have to transition to ladders sooner than later when my son gets old enough to hunt, but I'm holding off for now.

17. cvan

cvan Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br

Not sure, I'm moving one soon and I'll check then.

orangefeetdown likes this.
  18. flippinhntr

flippinhntr Well-Known Member

Sorry I took so long. I bought them from Sportsman Guide back in February when everything was going on sale. Paid about $109 each.

Dermott likes this.
  19. Arkiehunter74

Arkiehunter74 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2015 Sprin

Back in January I sold eight loc-ons, four ladders, four sets of rapid rails, two HSS vests and twelve life-lines for $300. I am getting too old and too fat to hunt the way I used to. Between a few ladder stands, two tripods, three box stands and a ground blind I don't see why I needed to keep the others.

Dermott likes this.