Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought a new shotgun at wally world last weeK, it's a Remington SPR 453. I have never heard of this model until now. After doing a little research I found out that it's made in Russia. I shot it a few times and it patterns great and cycles pretty smoothly. Does anyone have any expierence with this model? I curious to know how it performs in the woods.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I had a chance to shoot one last weekend in the waters, it handles great but I still prefer my pump. The coolest part is the tune able gas system to make it smoother...

·
Registered
115 Posts
ive been using one since sept 2006. Its a great gun for the price. I mainly use it to hunt geese and shoot 3.5's. I was looking for a gun to take to canada to shoot giant canadas. After I saw this video I was sold. After extensive pattering I did decide to upgrade the chokes which I bought a .700 terror tube for ducks and a .675 terror tube for geese and have never looked back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--GbVKwDfNU

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
The gun is made by Baikal. Remington bought them a couple years ago. They also happen to be known as one of the most dependable guns on the market. I have read many reviews and they all say that they are workhorses that rarely fail..,good choice.

Go to YouTube and search under Russian Baikal torture test. Impressive stuff!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
DRogers,
I'm pretty good. Maggie is doing great. She not getting the work she needs this year. We just haven't been able to get on the ducks yet, maybe we will later. Shoot me a pm anytime you want to go. I all for it. I can go any weekend after christmas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.