Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Administrator
90,822 Posts
I think it's time to get on the range and get some trigger time. That'll be a rifle that will last a lifetime. Congrats on the new rifle!! :thumb:

You do remember that man law requires pics of the new rifle. :biggrin:

· Registered
105 Posts
I bought a ruger m77 compact 7mm-08 last year and love it. Low recoil, lightweight, and great accuracy. When my daughter gets old enough to hunt I will have her an awesome setup, but until then I'll have to break it in for her.

· Registered
1,716 Posts
I have been shooting a Remington Model 7 in 7mm-08 for about 16 years. I have many other rifles to choose from, that are great rifles, but the Remington 7mm-08 gets carried more than any other rifle. It is acurate, has plenty of knock-down power, and is a compact ( short ) rifle that is very handy.

I also have the Ruger M77 Compact in a Laminate / stainless in a .243, and if that gun was a 7mm-08 then the Remington Model 7 might have some competition ... but I don't use a .243 much, so it does not feel threatened. But the kids love the Ruger.

Good Luck and God Bless ..... great rifle.

MET

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.