Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the floor poured for my new reloading room. Walls go up this weekend if weather permits. My old room is less than half the size of the new room. I’m ready to do some reloading.
Plant Road surface Asphalt Wood Tree

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Sir. My current room is so small you have to plan a strategic maneuver to turn around and get stuff from behind you. I dread the move but very much looking forward to it plus it will be the perfect opportunity to inventory what I have.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Do y’all have a controlled environment such as central heat and air in your reloading room such as this? I do my reloading in my shed but store my components in the house just wondering what everyone else does?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do y’all have a controlled environment such as central heat and air in your reloading room such as this? I do my reloading in my shed but store my components in the house just wondering what everyone else does?
I do my reloading in my shop but keep powder and primer in a closet in my house. Probably overkill, but I've read the heat is hard on powder and since the primers aren't sealed inside their paper boxes, I figure keeping them out of the Arkansas humidity doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I’m really fortunate to have a large room in my basement for all my stuff, it stays constant temp and reasonably low humidity. Be sure to keep all your stuff oiled well, dies and presses have a lot of bare metal on them that would likely rust pretty quick in this part of the world.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish my building had central heat and air but it doesn’t. I’m not in my shop every day and I only run the AC unit when I’m working in there. I thought about sealing a closet the best I can and keeping a dehumidifier in it for powder and primer storage but that has me a little leery. I will probably store those items in the house and only take out what I will be using until I can figure out a long term plan.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I wish my building had central heat and air but it doesn’t. I’m not in my shop every day and I only run the AC unit when I’m working in there. I thought about sealing a closet the best I can and keeping a dehumidifier in it for powder and primer storage but that has me a little leery. I will probably store those items in the house and only take out what I will be using until I can figure out a long term plan.
bite the bullet, build yourself a small room, insulate it and in stall a small mini split ac. the small ones are around $500 and you can install it yourself. the smaller ones run on 120 volts and don't use much current. well worth the money for climate control in a reloading room.

·
Registered
XDM40
185 Posts
Down there you have a ton of humidity so insulate it heavily and seal outside wall with caulking. I used R-21 in my 2x6” walls (rated for 2x8 walls) and caulked the outside plywood wall.
My room stays between 55 to 62° year round with only a heater on a timer that runs for one hour three times per day in winter. Although the shop that it was built in is already insulated with R-13 but the cold is the only time I am uncomfortable out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts