Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm getting a new puppy in 3 weeks and I am trying to decide on a name. She is a chocolate lab. I want a short easy to say name associated with duck or bird hunting. I'm having a tough time with this. How about you guys help me out. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

·
Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner
2,655 Posts
I've got one I call "Cocoa" but I was also thinking of
naming her "HerShee".

Actually I'm not sure they even need a name. My lab will come
running if I grunt wrong.

You'll find they are fetchin' fools too.
Mine will fetch anything you toss and is always bringing something in
for us to see. Often times she wants to trade it for some tidbit of food we
may be having.

Beware, they are a tenacious breed and can be as aggravating as a 3-year old but you gotta love'em. They are eager to please and are glutens for attention.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
How about the old Norse Mythology "Valkyrie". pronounced (Fall-K-Ri)

Valkyries carried out the will of the old Norse god Odinn in determining the victors of the battle, and the course of wars.

Rota is a perfect dog name....."Róta" a Valkyrie who's name means ("She Who Causes Turmoil")

All Valkyries were blonde haired, blue eyed, and fair skinned women that carried shields and spears. How cool is that.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Should have added...Valkyries are also Odinn's messengers. When they deliver their messages, their bright armor causes the strange flickering light known as "Aurora Borealis" (Northern Lights).

Norse Mythology is something else.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
My last Lab was a Coco...........ya might want to wait a while, after ya get her.....they all have a different personality...and ya might pick up something from that......had one that I called Dammitt...........she was always tearing up something, and I was always saying.......'damn dog or dammitt!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I want a short easy to say name associated with duck or bird hunting.
Exactly...and try to stay away from a name which could sound like a hunting/obedience command that she could be confused about separating the two.

My pup is a gal and she picked up on the "Kat" thingy real fast.

Good luck with the pup.:up:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.