Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know its illegal but hypotheticly could you bring some rios and the other species out there to Arkansas and have a population going or do you think they could not adapt to this habbitat? just wondering what everyones opinion is

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
With fears of everything from avian influenza (H5N1) to salmonella, Reggie bets this has a good a chance as opening up Zone 17 the same weekend as the rest of the state of Arkansas.

·
Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2012-
2,601 Posts
A few years ago I killed a tom on chaffee and was heading back out when a biologist stoped me.He asked if he could have a DNA sample for testing in nebraska.They were looking for the rio blood line that was stocked from years past.The Rio's were stocked on chaffee years ago and were bred out by easterns over time he tells me.The land on chaffee was perfect for rio's,it just did'nt work.

·
Premium Member<br>2006 Turkey Team Contest Winner<
7,279 Posts
A few years ago I killed a tom on chaffee and was heading back out when a biologist stoped me.He asked if he could have a DNA sample for testing in nebraska.They were looking for the rio blood line that was stocked from years past.The Rio's were stocked on chaffee years ago and were bred out by easterns over time he tells me.The land on chaffee was perfect for rio's,it just did'nt work.
They would do good and the population would explode like KS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts