New/old job

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by ozarkthunder, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ozarkthunder

ozarkthunder Well-Known Member

Went back to work in Paragould today. I am working with the samefellas i worked with nearly 5 years ago, doing almost the same thing, with a big raise. It is a 45 miniute drive 1 way, but my old/new boss is a good guy and this a lot better job! Thanks to the good lord for anwsering prayers!

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Nuttin' wrong with that. I start a new one in 14 days (but who's counting...)! :thumb:

3. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Good deal bro...Congrats....:thumb:

4. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I wish I could find a new/different one, but at the same time I am just thankful to have a job. Good luck on your new/old job, I hope that you enjoy it.

5. ozarkthunder

I enjoy it more than the one i had. I transferred from it about 5 years ago for more money and to get closer to home. They changed the requirements but i still had them. I know gas prices will cut into the raise, but it will work into a much better one in the future. I am just glad i had the opportunity to get it.:thumb:

6. xtremebowhunter

xtremebowhunter Well-Known Member

good for you, they need any more help?:rolleyes:

7. theridgehunter

theridgehunter Select Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Happy for you bro.:thumb:

8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

You Go Dude!:thumb:

9. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

I'm going to spend 4 more years here at the University, and then I'm going to retire at 55, and go do something else.

10. Hill Farm Hunter

Hill Farm Hunter Well-Known Member

What ya doing over here ozarkthunder? I may run into you, heck I may have allready.

Mr. C, you working for someone else or a new gig with the same company?

11. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    It's a promotion. Desk job instead of working outside in all kinds of weather and all hours of the day and night.

12. Hill Farm Hunter

Gosh, and miss out on all the ice storms and tornados. What fun is that gonna be? The things we got to do for a pay raise.:biggrin:

13. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    I had a piece of equipment fail just after 7AM yesterday morn. Got done with it about 5:15 yesterday afternoon, then had to go home, pack and go to Little Rock. It was 19* when we started, and got all the way up to about 25 in the afternoon. With every turn of the wrench I was saying "Just 9 more working days, Just 9 more working days..." I sure won't miss that part of it.

14. Hill Farm Hunter

:biggrin: Carpenters I have not heard from in weeks started calling a couple of days ago. Seems they thought it would be a great time for some of that inside work they needed to finish up.

15. xtremebowhunter

xtremebowhunter Well-Known Member

Now if you can get the old fart Wess Stalcup to take a desk job it'll all be good :thumb:

16. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    He'll be there till the cows come home. :biggrin:

17. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

18. ozarkthunder

I work for the highway department in bridge inspection.

19. Hill Farm Hunter

Probably won't run across you then, unless it is on the road somewhere. Saw one of the HWD trucks crash with a revenue department car the other day. Now what are the odds of two state vehicles running into each other out on the road.:smack: Guess that cuts down on the lawsuits though.:biggrin:

20. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator<br>Bowhunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Co Staff Member

I left my last job back on October 4th to start a new one on November 1. Well, on Oct. 31st, a friend from the job I had just left called me and said they had just had a meeting and they are all getting laid-off on 12/31/07.:eek: I bathed the decision in prayer about taking the new job before I did and I know the Good Lord was watching out for me on that one!!! Right now, I'm sitting at my desk at my higher paying job and if I would have stayed at my old one, I would be at home right now looking for a job. Thank you Lord! :thumb: