Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I might have to eat crow on what I said about not having the "Signed" stamp in you possession not being a problem. My son bought his stamps back on November 10 & as of today has still not received either so I called for him to see what the hold up was. The state I could care less about but the Federal stamp had me concerned. Well guess what, the G&F didn't put his full address on the envelope or that's what they said & it got returned. The funny thing about it was when they looked it up they gave me the address they had & had me verified the correct address.:head: Anyway all is good, stamps in the mail, NOPE! The state will be, when they get back for the holidays & the Federal, well they don't handle that part of it because as I was told they don't sell those even though he has a paid reciept where he bought a $15 stamp for $17! So I was given a number by them to a place that could handle the Federal issue & answer all my question. The Fed's???? Nope not the Fed's. It was a place in TEXAS that the Arkansas G&F has hired to distribute the Federal stamps they don't sell. Well I called them thinking they were hooked up with the Fed's some how & what did I find. It a ticket mail order deal called Amplex Corp. The lady told be when they recieve the order for tickets--- Federal Duck Stamp in this case they buy them & send them to the purchaser. Well I got it all straightened out with her & she said she would put it in the mail today, NO Holiday delay for them but it will still be after Christmas before it comes! But she gave me another # to call & this time it was the Fed's. I was told flat out that until he had the SIGNED STAMP IN HIS POSSESSION he was subject to be issued a citation if it has been past the 45 day grace period they allowed the G&F to get it to the buyer no matter who's faught it was he didn't get it!

So with this new info in mind, if you have not recieved your FEDERAL duck stamp & the 45 day grace period has pasted & you do not have a signed stamp on your person you are subject to citation.

As I told him, Go to the Post Office next time. You can get it handed to you there in person for $15 instead of paying $17 for it & having all these problems!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
That is what I said but nobody listened to the Catdaddy on the other thread.:whistle:

You will be fined if you don't have the federal stamp in your possession and signed with your name. I know several who have bought the stamp but did not have it on them when stopped by a WO. The judge was not sympathetic.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Topwaters Cat.:fit:
In his case, I guess you could call him a "Top Water" as far as buying his own licences & stamps. This only the second year he has had to so & last year I picked up a Federal for him at the Post Office when I got mine. Well, his mistake was trusting in the G&F to get something right. What kills me about this whole deal is "Why are they using a place in Texas to do this in the first place? Could not the same person who mails out the state stamp in office do this? Or better yet, why if they wanted to make Federal stamp available just have them at the licence dealers when you want buy them.

It just makes for more confussion, something they have earned a good reputation for. I talked to a lawyer buddy at noon while we were eating about this & here is what he told me, "Go hunt, have a nice time and don't even worry about it" & "Just let him get a ticket because I can have me a whole lot of fun stirring this pot around!"

·
Registered
137 Posts
And this is the same AGFC that has our deer hunting interests at heart.

They can outsource the distribution of duck stamps to a company in Texas. Next thing we know, we will be calling Mississippi to tag a deer or to buy a hunting license.

·
Banned
150 Posts
In his case, I guess you could call him a "Top Water" as far as buying his own licences & stamps. This only the second year he has had to so & last year I picked up a Federal for him at the Post Office when I got mine. Well, his mistake was trusting in the G&F to get something right. What kills me about this whole deal is "Why are they using a place in Texas to do this in the first place? Could not the same person who mails out the state stamp in office do this? Or better yet, why if they wanted to make Federal stamp available just have them at the licence dealers when you want buy them.

It just makes for more confussion, something they have earned a good reputation for. I talked to a lawyer buddy at noon while we were eating about this & here is what he told me, "Go hunt, have a nice time and don't even worry about it" & "Just let him get a ticket because I can have me a whole lot of fun stirring this pot around!"
What does the state have to do with the federal stamps? That's why it's out of Texas. It's like my federal refund comes from Austin, it's a regional thing. The individual states aren't responsible for the federal stamps.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What does the state have to do with the federal stamps? That's why it's out of Texas. It's like my federal refund comes from Austin, it's a regional thing. The individual states aren't responsible for the federal stamps.
I think the AGFC Code FDE that is located on the licence sold by them for the sum of $17 over the counter and with the statement that say's will be sent within 45 day and didn't get it done kinda gets them invoved and makes them accountable!

And as far as you asumption it is some branch of the Federal Goverment, here is a link to their website. See if you can find any reference to the goverment here?

http://www.duckstamp.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=W

And check out their disclaimer:

http://www.duckstamp.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=W&Category_Code=AMPLEX-PD

If you go to store locater & enter you info it will direct you to the nearest over the counter G&F licence sales location in that area that sells them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.