New Hunting Show on OC

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by duckhunter2-2007, Jan 7, 2011.

1. duckhunter2-2007

duckhunter2-2007 Well-Known Member

Ok I've defended hunting shows on the OC and other networks and told guys "If you don't like it then change the channel and quit griping about it" well now I have to apologize to those guys. Have you seen the new show AWA Whitetail Pros? It is a hunting contest of some sort and the most ridiculous thing I've seen on the OC yet. It's a bunch of idiotic guys running around shooting does and dink bucks with rifles that don't belong to them all equipped with Star Wars scopes. The object is to accumulate points for antler size, age, and shot distance. These idiots were wounding animals and missing and taking crazy shots that were far from ethical. All the while with some moron giving you a play by play of every stupid thing these fine representitives of the hunting community are doing. They don't show impacts or the hunters looking for signs of a hit or trailing or recovery. This is by far the worst thing I've ever seen come on the screen for hunters and hunting. I would take 100 Tiffany Lakosky's chanting "yes yes BBD Baby" over one episode of that garbage.
    Ok Ok I know I know. I'll change the channel.:fit:

2. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Ya I seen that at the station the other day. BTW they are shooting blanks.

3. duckhunter2-2007

What? Blanks? That's even more stupid than I had originally thought.:smack:

4. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

I caught the end of an episode a day or two ago and was wondering what was up with the scoreboard.

5. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Are they all funny and quirky? You got to be funny nowadays. You have to wear your hat sideways and have some of those fake novelty teeth or something stupid like that. Dont forget you have to wake your buddy up in the morning by throwing water on him or scare him with a snake too. I NEVER watch it anymore. I hate it!

6. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    There have been a couple attempts over the years to try and do to hunting what bass tournaments did to fishing. A few years ago they tried to put on a competition show where the contestants would shoot tranquilzer darts at bucks, measure and weigh in, and release them.

TV producers just dont understand that hunting's a little more personal and serious than that. (or at least should be)

7. I tuned in for about five minutes and could not handle it. I was wondering what was up with that show. Now I know it was worse than what I thought. :smack:

8. I saw that show too. As ol bucky said they are only shooting blanks and those crazy scopes on the gun are recording the "hunt" for the judges to see where the shot placement was and what they shot. Like you said Horrible shots all around. One of the worst hunting shows I have ever seen.

9. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

The guys hunting b were kinda stupid but not in ha ha stupid.

10. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

Spouting off without the facts.

I have never seen the show and most likely never will but this is a fine example of someone coming on here without facts and perpetuating a hunters bad image. If they were shooting blanks what harm were they causing?

Again I am not defending the show I am just defending the fact that they did nothing wrong or unethical (from what I have read in this thread) and I think people should keep opinions to themselves when they clearly have no idea of what was going on.

One more thing, please don't take this as me attacking you. I just think we as hunters, need to not add any fuel to the anti hunter fire.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  11. duckhunter2-2007

Seriously?? You really think my comments are more damaging to the hunting community than what this TV show is doing?
    Just for the record the information that I was lacking only further confirms my original opinion.

12. THExONE

It confirms your opinion that they were wounding animals? All I am saying is gather the facts before you shoot off. Also I dont see how what they are doing is damaging the hunting community. They are not even killing anything. Again I have not seen the show though and don't plan to.

13. duckhunter2-2007

My opinion that they are a bunch of idiots. It sounds like you're a good one to be talking about shooting off before you have your facts straight. You haven't even seen the show I'm talking about.

14. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Come on boys, wheres the love?

15. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

I think it is a cool concept. Granted i havent seen the show so i dont know how the guys act, but i did look it up to see how it works. It is basically a photography contest but instead of just a plain picture it has crosshairs and yardage. Then they add up the scores based a certain criteria of the picture.

16. duckhunter2-2007

I've got lots of love for brother Ex One. All dogs growl at each other once in while it don't mean nothing.:biggrin:

17. THExONE

No I stated I have no facts so I may be off base. Just observing what I have read in this thread and I made that clear in my first post.

18. duckhunter2-2007

If they want to have a photography contest then fine but don't stick the cameras on a gun and call it hunting.:up:

19. THExONE

Exactly, just chatting. I would be happy to sit down for a meal and shake this fine fellers hand. If anyone takes anything on this site personal you have some growing to do. IMO

20. johnny2

johnny2 Well-Known Member

One of the best ways to eliminate a lot of fuel would be to ban hunting shows.