new hog/predator rifle

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by wookalark, Jan 2, 2008.

1. wookalark

wookalark Well-Known Member

I got my new rifle receiver in today, I had already ordered a new barrel. It's a G2 T/C Contender with a 16in 22mag barrel. Put a red dot on it. My wife would kill me if she knew I had over $700 in a 22mag. Any of you guys ever have to keep the wife out of loop on hunting toys.

2. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

Sounds like a nice set-up. The UPS and Fedex drivers know to leave all my packages in the shop at the barn, not at the house !

3. wookalark

wookalark Well-Known Member

That's a good one to remember.:biggrin:

4. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Words of wisdom from experience - secrets kept from the wife will eventually come back and bite you... maybe not today or tomorrow, and maybe not next week - but someday...

That being said, sounds like you got yourself a nice rig (although I don't see myself ever putting $700 into a .22 mag....

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Never. (She's looking over my shoulder... :biggrin: )

6. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

Mine is the great equalizer. I can't hide anything from her.... so she just spends the same amount I do. :smack:

I hope it puts fur down for you. :thumb:

7. justin1a2

justin1a2 Well-Known Member

:up: :alright: :biggrin:

8. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    If I spent that much on a 22mag, I would not be able to hide it from my wife because I would have to sell her kidneys to be able to pay for it.

9. yjjeeper

yjjeeper Well-Known Member

lost
    I got a Beretta U22 Neos for Christmas. Now for my birthday I want the Carbine kit to go with it. It always seems like less if you pay $250 for the gun and then $250 for the kit.

That way she doesn't realize I spent $500 for a plinker!!!