Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a new shotgun recently but can't decide what choke tube to get. It is a Browning Silver with a 26" Barrel. I have always shot Winchester Supreme or Xtended range 3 1/2" shells #5. Anyone got any good recommendations?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
If it's not broke, don't fix it....:thumb: I shoot the same out of my Browning Gold 3 1/2. Number 5's shoot great with my Comp n Choke turkey choke!

·
Registered
751 Posts
manybeards got good results with his silver and xtended range with a jellyhead - look up the post about jellyhead on this forum.

if you decide you want a jellyhead, let me know - i may be parting with mine and it's practically brand new - think i've put 5-6 shots thru it. i don't shoot hi density stuff and i think it likes that over regular lead. i'd probably sell it for $35 shipped.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
I've got the same gun, but with a 28" barrel. I went with the jellyhead choke, but the only shell combo that I liked with it was Whinchester Extendeds #6. 42 pellets in the kill zone at 45 yards.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's not broke, don't fix it....:thumb: I shoot the same out of my Browning Gold 3 1/2. Number 5's shoot great with my Comp n Choke turkey choke!
What size is your comp-n-choke, I think it recommends a .680 XXFULL for #5 3 1/2" shells. Let me know what you use since yours shoots great!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a jellyhead on my Xtrema.It puts over 125 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards with 3" winchester supreme #6's(NOT EXTENDED RANGE).

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hey Baker,
My Comp N Choke in my Browning is a XXX Full. That was also what was recommended. I also shoot Winchester 3 1/2" #5's. Shoots a great pattern with them. I'm actually going to get a Comp N Choke for my Remington also, but I'm going down to 3" instead of the hard kicking 3 1/2's I've tried shooting out of it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the comp-n-choke xxx full and used the winchester supreme 3 1/2" #5 shot (2 oz). I shot it yesterday at those Turkey Head targets they sell at walmart and put 32 pellets in the turkey's head at 40 yards and 6 at 60. I must say I am extremely satisfied with what I have now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts