Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
I think I seen a few of these at Gander Mountain when I picked up my bushmaster. I ordered 2x ar-15 stripped lowers, and 1 ar-10 lower today, going to build my own varmint gun. I really like the camo on them.

·
Registered
11,265 Posts
What's the trigger like on the Remington? I've handled a few Bushmasters and stuff at Academy but haven't had a chance to check out the Remington first hand. I want one bad but would like to handle it first.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
It's a Bushmaster? In the big bores? I had read several articles stating that DPMS was making the big bore rifles for Remington since they are also a "sister" company.
Yes that is correct for the larger calibers. We are one big happy family! :wink:
I haven't shot any of the DPMS rifles, we don't have any of those. If you have handled any AR type firearm you can operate one of these. The camo does add a neat touch.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I handled one today!!! Was at Gander in Texarkana this afternoon, picking up a DPMS Panther:biggrin: I liked the Rem, but the price was a little higher than what my budget had in it...at least for today:biggrin: If I remember, it was $1099 or $1299.....................

Can't wait to get to camp tomorrow night to bust a cap or two, in the new 5.56:up: Might wake up the neighborhood:thumb: I really haven't handled one since I got out of the military 30 years ago, but in today's climate, it might just turn out ot be a solid investment:biggrin:

Been silently wanting one for a while, and well a good storm check helps!! No more silently wanting!!!!!! I even think GM will love shooting this little toy..gonna tell her to get real close to the 'charging handle to get another black eye'..................but then I might be getting the black eye!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,265 Posts
Best I remember, the local gun shop told me $900 and something for the Remington. I'm sure that was before tax and the price has probably increased some in the past few months.
I guess I'd better get one on order and get a price locked in. Then I can just pay him off when I get the money.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Best I remember, the local gun shop told me $900 and something for the Remington. I'm sure that was before tax and the price has probably increased some in the past few months.
I guess I'd better get one on order and get a price locked in. Then I can just pay him off when I get the money.
If I go back to Gander tomorrow or this weeknd..I'll double check their price...but that Camo job is sure slick:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I handled one today!!! Was at Gander in Texarkana this afternoon, picking up a DPMS Panther:biggrin: I liked the Rem, but the price was a little higher than what my budget had in it...at least for today:biggrin: If I remember, it was $1099 or $1299.....................

Can't wait to get to camp tomorrow night to bust a cap or two, in the new 5.56:up: Might wake up the neighborhood:thumb: I really haven't handled one since I got out of the military 30 years ago, but in today's climate, it might just turn out ot be a solid investment:biggrin:

Been silently wanting one for a while, and well a good storm check helps!! No more silently wanting!!!!!! I even think GM will love shooting this little toy..gonna tell her to get real close to the 'charging handle to get another black eye'..................but then I might be getting the black eye!!!!!!!!!

SO you were there ..... and you handled one....... Well then, come up off some information, brother, and tell us what you think.... tell us about the rifle. Price is a great thing to know but we need more info. Was it all it is cracked up to be or was it something you would look at and say .... nice gun ... as you put it back on the rack??

·
Registered
11,265 Posts
SO you were there ..... and you handled one....... Well then, come up off some information, brother, and tell us what you think.... tell us about the rifle. Price is a great thing to know but we need more info. Was it all it is cracked up to be or was it something you would look at and say .... nice gun ... as you put it back on the rack??
Haha! HG, You've been called out!

:thumb:

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Well it is a Nice gun!!:biggrin: I think the price would stop me, but it is a personal thing there...it is just a little long for me...if I wanted an Assault rifle...personally I want something short/sweet and easy to handle...but for the intended purpose as a Varmit rifle, and I was a dedicated Varmit hunter...hell yes I'd buy it:up:

The camo job is excellent, it felt good at the shoulder, and the action seemed to be smooth...of course, that's really hard to tell for sure, without busting a few caps in it:biggrin: It's not too heavy, and the workmanship on it looked really good! the only thing that I personally didn't like, is the end of the 'handguard' (barrel end) is open....kinda looks like there is something missing!!! But otherwise, I feel like it is a nice weapon, and am sure the accuracy might even be better on it than the DPMS I bought, because of the barrel length..........but without shooting it or the Rem, it's hard to tell!!!

Arkie...there's No academy in Texarkana, so I can't help ya there!! but I will go back out there in a little while...got to pick up a few other things for the camp, that I didn't get yesterday, as I was on a deadline and had an appointment with a Pretty lady,:biggrin:and dang sure wasn't gonna be late for that!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.