New gun and new scope

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by AR_deerslayer, Dec 25, 2010.

1. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

GOT THIS THE OTHER DAY , WEATHERBY VANGUARD SUB MOA 300 WEATHERBY MAG.[​IMG] GOT THIS SCOPE FROM A FELLOW MEMBER .bushnell elite 3200 3x9x50 , ADJUSTED THE TRIGGER THAT NIGHT AND WENT AND SHOT IT YESTERDAY TO SEE HOW IT WOULD DO , DIDNT HAVE MY VISE JUST USED THE PICNIC TABLE AND A TOWEL .BUT GOT IT SHOOTING GOOD . VERY STRAIGHT SHOOTER .CANT WAIT TO PUT IT IN THE VISE AND SEE WHAT IT WILL DO , ISET IT IN AT 50 THEN SHOT AT 100YRD, AFTER GETTING IT ON THIS WAS FIRST GROUP WAS WITH REM CORE LOKT 180,AND I WASNT LETTING BARREL COOL MUCH EITHER 3 shots @100 [​IMG] second group was 180 gr federal with speer bullets 5 shots @ 100[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  2. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Nice gun an nice group with REM. :up:

3. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

That's sweet:thumb:

5. Dixie_Rebel_Z71

Dixie_Rebel_Z71 Well-Known Member

Good lookin gun you got there. :thumb:

6. AR_deerslayer

r
    thank yall . couldnt believe the cheapest shot the best .I shot those feds, 2 different kind of weatherby shells and some hornady custom ballistic tips . all shot good but rem shot best Ill put em to the test again with the vise soon

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  7. Gary R

Gary R Well-Known Member

My wife gave me a Ruger Hawkeye 7mm mag, and the salesman sold her Win Supreme cartriges. Couldn't get them to group. Had to go with Rem CoreLok too.

8. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Where did that third one go in the first target?

9. AR_deerslayer

almost same bullet hole at top ?

10. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    That's some great shooting!! Fine looking shooting stick too. :thumb:

I have a Wby Vanguard in 300 Wby Mag too, gonna have to drag it out from the back of the safe and heat the tube up. My mags seem to get neglected a lot.

11. AR_deerslayer

thank ya . .Im gonna put it inj the lead sled, after this christmas hunt and see what it will do,I have a ton of brass Mr.C that I need reloaded . would you be interested?

12. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Nice looking gun!!