Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw where Slick Tricks have a new broadhead out called Vipertrick.Looks pretty mean.Then for all the Rage users,like Steathy ,they have some new styles coming out also.Rage Extreme with a 2.3" cut and some of their models are gonna have a chisel tip instead of the little blade.I'm bored (ol' lady is watching Bachelor) and I was on Facebook and looked at Rage's page and should have seen some of the shots people posted on there. There was all kinds of head and neck shots.People are crazy.I thought the new slick tricks were pretty cool though and hadn't heard anything about them.

· Registered
23,185 Posts
got to come out with a new head to sell stuff to bowhunters .... and most bowhunters get sucked in and buy them :(

me? I dunno what I'll go with, if I shoot a recurve the 225 Steel Force single bevels

if I shoot a compound, Slick Trick RazorTricks maybe

· Registered
4,141 Posts
got to come out with a new head to sell stuff to bowhunters .... and most bowhunters get sucked in and buy them :(
Guess all broadhead companies should just close shop and stop doing any research and development since you think the best broadheads were invented several years ago. :banghead: I guess your theory should apply to all archery products because why would anyone buy a new compound since the recurve or long bow has been around and been doind the job since it was invented and "refined".

· Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am shooting the Razortricks right now and what I really like about them is when you replace the blades you are really ending up with a new broadhead.Alot of times you can buy replacement blades for broadheads and thats all it is blades and no tips.You don't have to worry about that with the Razortricks.

· Registered
262 Posts
Good grief I'm old. I've been using Rocky Mountain 125 grain 1 1/4 cutting diameter broadheads. I even have some new and very old Bear broadheads. I see one of the clubs at Wattensaw has a big one out on the road. Someone did a nice job making it. Even the color is what they were in the 1970s.

· Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Good grief I'm old. I've been using Rocky Mountain 125 grain 1 1/4 cutting diameter broadheads. I even have some new and very old Bear broadheads. I see one of the clubs at Wattensaw has a big one out on the road. Someone did a nice job making it. Even the color is what they were in the 1970s.
Yup, the Shelby County Bow Hunters. That's our club house.:up:

· Registered
23,185 Posts
its a marketing thing is all guys - if you don't understand that then I don't know what to tell you

sure, sometimes radical new things can show up but most of the time its just tweaking something, repackaging it and selling it again

sometimes the changes makes the product WORSE too

· Premium Member
30,907 Posts
sometimes the changes makes the product WORSE too
I, too, have see a product function worse after it was supposed to have improvements. Doing away with the O-ring on the Rage could help - if it still opens EVERYTIME on impact. The T3's scare me a little bit - I saw a shot on a deer that did not deploy on entry with a T3 - but did on exit. Improvements to the Rage include a price increase - they were high to begin with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.