Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
23,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here while back I think somebody had ask about building a platform to put a pop-up blind on. I had tried this only to discover that my Brickhouse wouldn't work with rails because of the entrance/exit location. I had all but given up on this idea then seen a Doghouse blind, it's entry flap is located in the center rather than the corner.

It only needs a few modifications on what I've got here. The Platform needs to be about a 5'3" square so the blind actually has something to set on. The rails need to be around 33" tall and need to be set several inches away from the edge so they don't put undo pressure on the blind making it difficult to work the zippers. I would actually make these mods but I've strained some muscles in my back so I'm done with it. I'll hunt it the way it is this year and may rebuild the platform next year and go back to my original 12' high.

BTW....it don't lean as bad as the first pic makes it look.

· Registered
23,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be nice if they would quit knocking me off the blocks though. Speaking of which I've got US a project. I bought a moble home anchor to replace the T-post with, maybe it'll stay in the ground.

· Registered
9,620 Posts
I built one for a Brickhouse..it's right at 6ft square, and only 4ft high...using it in the brush and don't need to be real high!!!!! I added a 1X6 lip around 3 sides, so you would not slip off the edge...also take some para-cord and tie the corners down to the platform..worked real well for me and GM!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.