new bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Ricewalker, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Thinking abou:head:t gwtting new hunting bow.. What ya'll think is the best? Can't decide.

2. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Man...You asked for it.

What are you shooting now? I've strayed a few times all based on advice from those who use other brands. Came back to the brand I started with. Just depends on what your shooting preferences and style is.

Martin Fan...guess I always will be. Couldn't hurt to shoot a Warthog or Firecat...I love mine but everyone has an idea of what they want out of a bow. I just prefer a bow that's accurate, dependable, and free of troubles. Been satisfied since 1978.

3. pd2

pd2 Well-Known Member

X2- For me Mathews has a quality product. Just bought a Z7 in September and love it. Before this one I had a Mathews Legacy that I shot for 10 years trouble free.

4. willfred219

willfred219 Well-Known Member

Navajo diamond by Roy Hall. can't beat it IMHO.:biggrin:

5. mulehide

mulehide Well-Known Member

i have a new pse stinger for sale.complete setup everything but broadheads

6. Mossybuckkiller

Mossybuckkiller Well-Known Member

Try the quest line. I have a quest primal and I love it. Made by G5 who owns elite archery. I would just shoot as many bows as I possibly could. I shot the Z7, bowtech 350 destroyer, pse's, and bears. And came out with the Quest.

7. Wapiti

Wapiti Well-Known Member

I've only had Mathews for yrs.......But if it were me, I'd buy the PSE. Accurate, light, short, fast.

Yep, I'd go PSE and not look back.

8. Razoo97

Razoo97 Well-Known Member

Man there are so many nice bows now, just put a day aside an go shoot as many as you can. I'm shooting a Diamond Black Ice, and I really like it. I think when I get another I am going to try the Elite.

9. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Bowtech its the only way to go.

10. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Everyone makes good bows these days. It's all personal preference.

11. this is the best statement made right there. I just recently was on the look for a new bow. I shot everything I could get my hands on. I liked a LOT of them. But each one has an area that it shined over the rest in. I ended up going with a hoyt carbon element. I am not going to say it is the best. It was just the one I liked the most PERSONALLY. Its the first hoyt that I've owned and I LOVE it. I shot the entire hoyt line. The CRX is a good one as well. Mathews was great as well. This year there are like 5 different models of the Z7. There are so many high quality bows out there that no one can tell you what the "BEST" bow out there is. Honestly it all boils down to what YOU like when YOU shot a particular bow. I think half the fun of getting a new bow is shooting all the other ones out there. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

12. mitchellfarmer1982

mitchellfarmer1982 Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy a new bow soon too I just plan on shooting as many as possible and whatever feels best

13. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

Go to as many shops as ya need and shoot as many as ya need, when you find the right one you will know. It will be like it belongs in your hand or better yet part of ya. :thumb:

14. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne

Fixing to get one myself. I will be sticking with Mathews. Haven't decided which one yet.Z7 extreme is on top of list at this time. May go with the magnum

15. smokey1

smokey1 Well-Known Member

I agree shoot them all and find what you like best. If you want to try out Mathews bows you should drive down to Bearden to the napa parts center. There is a bow shop inside and he carries Mathews, Mision, and Pearson bows. I don't know if anyone will beat his prices and he takes trades on bows and guns if you are looking to go that route. I don't work for them, its just where i buy my bow gear. I orderd a Mathews Monster XLR8 from him the day before he left to go to the Mathews dealer show and when he got back he told me they discontuned that model and asked if i wanted the 2011 MR5 which is the updated model, i told him yes and i thought i would have to come up with more money but he gave me the same price even though the retaill price went up $100.00. Just wanted to bring up this place to let you and other guys in the area know about a good place to do business and might save you some money, I'm paying less for a 2011 bow than what i paid for my Mathews Dernalin i bought in 2007 right before he became a mathews dealer.

16. bonecollector22

bonecollector22 Well-Known Member

i agree with the other guys there are alot of good bows out there i personally like pse i have been shooting pse along time now i have the new pse bow madness it is a great bow its fast quiet smooth and very accurate and you can get all that for a really good price. but you just have to shoot as many as you can and like somebody else said you will know when you have found the right one.

17. the hoyt maxxis is legit i have had it since the first week of bow season and only had it 5 days and shot a doe:up: its smooth light fast and dependable the only way to go

18. I knew that would get a wide variety of responses. Thanks for all the opinions.. It has been twelve long years but the time has come to start bowhuntin again.

19. mulehide

mulehide Well-Known Member

a friend of mine has a mathews switchback and my pse stinger is lighter than it. hunters refuge in pine bluff has a good bow shop and a good guy in there named brent he will help you alot.

20. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

Different bows for different bro's. My Z7 might be the best (that I've tried) for me but you might hate it. Shoot a lot of them.