Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a new bow pretty soon and was wondering what to buy?? I've been looking at a Diamond Liberty or Black Ice?? I'm just not sure it's like a kid in a candy store I can't make my mind up. Any info on any bows would be helpful.

·
Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
995 Posts
I have a diamond marquis and a diamond triumph and I love them both. I'm not saying what to buy but diamond bows have been very good to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a Black Ice and am very pleased with it. I shopped alot for bows and this is the one that felt right. I changed the rest to a drop away but other than that it is just like it left the shop.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I had a Bowtech Liberty and I have two friends that have the Diamond Liberty. I think it is one of the best bows ever made. With the Freedom cam you can pull a lot more weight and never know you were pulling it.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at the Martin Bows too before you decide....every bow doesn't have a new wave buzzword name, but you don't get anything in the name.....its how the bow fits you and looks to you....everybody has their own taste when it comes to bows.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a Black Ice and am very pleased with it. I shopped alot for bows and this is the one that felt right. I changed the rest to a drop away but other than that it is just like it left the shop.
I also have the Black Ice and love it!! It's a great bow! But like these guys have said.....you need to go with what feels best for you!

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
Mathews switchback xt.I just hope when I wear this one out I can get a new one just like it.I have hunted with a bow for 30 yrs and this is the best hunting bow Ive ever had ...Bar none....But shoot em all first....:thumb:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I dont want to be another Mathews fanboi, but I was sold on the new DXT this year when I shot em. So light, so compact, so smooth.

Like pretty much everyone else said, do yourself a BIG favor and shoot 10 shots with every bow out there. Find the one that fits you, or that feels the best when you shoot and go with that. Personally, I shot 7 or 8 different brands and models before I decided on the DXT. Sure, you will pay for the Mathews name alone, and thats a shame, because they really are good bows, but then any of the big name brands you wont be dissapointed with. Its a matter of finding which one you like the most.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
I've got a Martin Saber that I really like. VERY forgiving. Martin builds a really good bow, and they're a lot more affordable than the big name bows. It just depends on how much you're willing to spend.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Brand loyalty is always mentioned in these types of posts and is a very good point. However, most new shooters have no brand loyalty other than what peers convince them of.

I shopped for a new bow for months (8 months to be exact). I had no particular loyalty to any brand of bow. I knew one thing, I wanted a new bow. I shot all the top brands and really liked several of them but when it came down to actually paying for it I just couldn't get excited about what I was getting for the price. I had no price point set as the cost was not a consideration. I finally shot the bow that "Sang" to me and it was a Black Ice so I bought it.

When you find the right bow, you will know it. It will "sing" to you. LOL
Fit is very important and when all the stars line up with a particular bow it won't matter what kind it is or what it costs, you will own it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shoot as many as you can and another thing is shoot them in different draw weights. My friends switchback XT pulls alot easier than my Bowtech Tribute, both are 70 lb bows but the Mathews feels like its less(smoother draw).When it comes down to it and your in the stand fixing to draw back you don't have to prove anything to anybody all bows are deadly. It just comes down to what feels right to you. Also remember that what you can pull back now in the summer months may not be so when you have been on the stand for 8 hours and it's 30 degrees outside this winter. Good Luck:up:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.