New Arkansas stupid record this weekend. . .

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by jcblough, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jcblough

jcblough Well-Known Member

Was out hunting and saw 2 guys with their spread and mojo set up. . . at the boat ramp. I don't mean near the ramp. I mean the ramp. Like a guy backing his boat in was yelled at by both cuz the boat trailer was heading into their spread.

To add to this, I don't think the decoys were weighted cuz by sun up, they were all rubbing up against the bank.

I wish I was making this up.

2. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

Wow. I believe you. You can't make stuff like that up...lol.

3. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

Didnt see either of these trucks did you? This was friday at Ed Gordon.

Hunters on the left. Spinners circled and the boat against the bank by the truck.

[​IMG]

4. jcblough

Saturday at Dix Bay these guys were on foot.

5. aschroeder1

aschroeder1 Well-Known Member

Didn't know you were even allowed to hunt right there. Theres a house right behind that.

6. Ryan_289

Ryan_289 Well-Known Member

Ive never even seen a duck there. Im not sure how close that house is. Probably 100 yards. Let alone they are set up 100 feet from their trucks:smack: Wonder how many volts are cruising above their heads??

7. theplayer

theplayer Well-Known Member

probably 500,000 volt lines. that is typical for transmission. I bet they could hear the hum and static noise coming off the lines real good where they were.

8. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

:fit: wish u cud have gotten a picture of that!

9. hhunter

hhunter Well-Known Member

I'm going to cut these guys some slack b/c hopefully they are new to the sport. I remember when I first started 8 yrs ago as a freshman in college. Looking back, I know some people laughed pretty hard when they saw me and my buddy pull up to ed gordan and unload his 14 ft fisher that had a homemade blind which made his boat look like a 14ft hay bale. I laugh out loud just thinking about people seeing us pull that boat down the road.

10. So anyways, when are we doing an arkansashunting.net get together duck hunt one morning at Ed Gordon?

I'm game. Haven't hunted there in 2 years.

11. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

im game! ive never hunted there ever! haha. no better time than noe the way i see it!:up:

12. jcblough

But did you look dumb AND block public access? That is a whole other level.

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Well-Known Member

I have to say last week when I was up there at the Marsh I was about to back my rig down when couple guys come flyin up and backed down to the ramp and took a good 25 minutes to get dressed, while I sat there at the top of the ramp with my reverse lights on Ready To GO!..:banghead:...I'm sorry but thats flat out PITIFUL!

14. tlewi24

tlewi24 Well-Known Member

That's a no no regardless of where you hunt...I agree that's pretty terrible. :smack:

15. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Happens every time when I want to put my bass boat in and out of the water. Always seems like a woman is trying to back a pontoon down and blocks a three lane ramp. :smack: Then they have to unload coolers and see if the boat is going to crank before they get it put in the water. If you are not ready to launch, GET OUT OF THE :censored: WAY!!!!!!

16. MojoMan

...And while we're on the Topic, for anyone that has been hunting Harris Brake this year, have yall noticed the guys (or you may be one of them?) that have been hunting across from the dam BLOCKING off that access by at the beaver pond???....I'm glad I've been hunting the upper end this year, because that is usually where I like to go...Prolly nothin Illegal about parking in the middle of the ROAD, but not the most upstanding thing to do, just sayin?? :smack:...I wouldn't, but I know some folks that if they had planned on launching there that morn. and they were blocking the access like that, those guys might come out to their truck on blocks or missing a brake line or 2! :fit:

17. MojoMan

:fit: Yea thats the Worst!...Been there too many times!

18. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Yep, that's a 500 KV line. The static was probably getting them pretty good right there. :fit:

19. wood duck whacker

wood duck whacker Well-Known Member

not missing anything fro man! these ya wooos inthe pic where the highlight of the hunt! i hunted and also took pics of these guys. we heard maybe 2 volleys of shots the whole morning. the 2 times i hunted it last year where a bust also. the time has to be right for that place and with not much water there and freshly flooded rice fields between there and the interstate it is not the time but hey when it does i will let ya know we will go hunt.

And that little peice of water they are hunting on is private! i think they had to back over a barb wire fence to put the boat in where they did:smack:

20. reggie-2-guns

reggie-2-guns Well-Known Member

Probabaly some of this fools kinfolk.

Who remembers this one? Reggie is still laughing!

ducke08-09059-1.jpg
    ducke08-09060.jpg

R2G