Netflix on Wii

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by 10pointman, Dec 13, 2010.

1. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I've started using the netflix option on our Wii.Its pretty neat.I watched the Worlds fastest indian a while ago.
    Only $9 a month.
    Yall tried this?

2. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

Yea, I don't watch enough movies to use Netflix. It's more of a waste of my money. Good for some people though. I've been thinking of trying it again because my boyfriend likes to watch movies. I'd watch more if it was with someone. But I do have an xbox 360 that I could get movies to.

3. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

IMO, Netflix on game consoles is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've got 6 kids and they love it. Plus it's a bunch cheaper than paying for cable where I'm only going to watch a few channels anyways. Plus with the new deal they signed with disney, I'm pretty much paying $10 a month for the disney channel, which is what would be watched 90% of the time anyways.

4. How do you go about getting movies through the wii?

j

5. thomasw_lrd

Did you download the netflix channel off the wii shop?

6. kendract

You have to have a Netflix subscription first. Then, if you have a Wii you request the Wii disc from Netflix that will install the crappo needed. Then, when you put movies in your instant queue on Netflix, it will show up on your Wii.

7. thomasw_lrd

You don't need a cd anymore. You can just download the netflix channel. Which is nice for us, since the kids kept tearing up my cd.

8. kendract

LOL Well there ya go. Last time I visited my mom they still had the CD so I didn't know. If I see it again...I may need to update her on this. :up:

9. thomasw_lrd

Yeah, they just changed it a few weeks ago.