Neoprene???

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Ginder75, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Ginder75

Ginder75 Well-Known Member

I have torn my waders, and I am looking for some Neoprene to have sown in to strenghten this area.

It is well above the water line, but they are torn where the shoulder straps meet the top of the waders (high stress area). I have access to an Upolstry Sewing machine, so I can work with material this thick and heavy. But I need some scrap neoprene.

If anyone has a set of waders that they a throwing away. Let me know, I would like to buy a strip (6 inches wide by 24 inches long). That way I really secure the tear and reinforce the other side.

Thought I would ask and see if anyone had some they were throwing away.

Thanks,

Ginder75

2. Trapper

Trapper Guest

Camo or brown? I've got some brown ones that I've robbed some patches out of. I'll see if there is a big enough piece left. It will probably tonight before I'll get back on here. I'm fixing to head out the door.

3. Ginder75

Ginder75 Well-Known Member

I am not picky! They are Advantage HD Camo currently, but since this is a repair it is not too important.

The key is stoping the tear, and squeaking out a few more hunts before I have to get another set. After holding a ruler I could use a smaller section, a 4" x 20" will cover it.

If these die I will have PLENTY of Neoprene for the world. They are a set of BIG Man waders in a size 14. I think the inseam is 38" and the chest is 60"!

Thanks,

Ginder75

4. ARGROUNDSWATTER

ARGROUNDSWATTER Well-Known Member

If you lived closer I have an old pair of neoprene waders that I am going to cut off the boots. I was just going to throw the wader part away.

5. Trapper

Trapper Guest

Sorry for the delay. I was putting up fur last night then forgot about it. :smack: I think I can do the 4 x 20. If you want pm me your address and I'll get it out Monday.