Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a waterfowl report map with google maps. It will be a lot like the DU waterfowl reports except just for arkansas. I'm assigning zones for different parts of arkansas. All you have to do is tell me when and where you are seeing waterfowl and i will update the map. I will add a link as soon as i get it done. You will be able to click on a zone and see what people are seeing as the migration will start in august. Teal should start filtering down in a couple of weeks. If you have any suggestions or questions give me a PM. I hope this will help out this season and i hope this will be a good solution to the poor reports the AGFC put out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not asking for a report in a specific managment area or anything like that. all you have to tell me is the report in the specific zone. that will be general enough i think. it has the potential to give a really good idea of where and what the migration is going and doing. im almost finished with the map so ill post it when i get it done.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
Here's my report:

August
There's lots of ducks in Canada right now!!! :biggrin:

Sept.

Oct.

Nov.
The ducks have all flown west this year, they are now in the N Dakota

Dec.
Ducks have had slight movement to S Dakota.

Jan.
The last cold front has caused a major migration toward California.

Feb.
Sure wish season was in there's more ducks than I've ever seen before in SE AR :smack:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Oh hell I'm not knocking the concept or the plan. I like it.

I just think as shadowy and reclusive, tight lipped and evasive as duck hunters are about their hunting spots, it may be tough to get a good accurate amount of data.

That's all......

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm putting together a waterfowl report map with google maps. It will be a lot like the DU waterfowl reports except just for arkansas. I'm assigning zones for different parts of arkansas. All you have to do is tell me when and where you are seeing waterfowl and i will update the map. I will add a link as soon as i get it done. You will be able to click on a zone and see what people are seeing as the migration will start in august. Teal should start filtering down in a couple of weeks. If you have any suggestions or questions give me a PM. I hope this will help out this season and i hope this will be a good solution to the poor reports the AGFC put out.
haha im going to consider this a joke, and if your serious all the ducks are right there in greenwood, make sure you tell everybody and put a big ole star right there on the map. and draw lots of arrows there too :fit:

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is the most entertaining post I have read here in awhile. Next to the guy that's wanting the robos back that is. I hope you don't have high hopes for reports here. Most people hate the AGFC weekly reports. But I will give my input for your cute map, when the ducks get to Arkansas, they hit Lake Pine Bluff and stay there. Good luck. :clap:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Here's my report:

August

Sept.

Oct.

Nov.
The ducks have all flown west this year, they are now in the N Dakota

Dec.
Ducks have had slight movement to S Dakota.

Jan.
The last cold front has caused a major migration toward California.

Feb.
Sure wish season was in there's more ducks than I've ever seen before in SE AR :smack:

now there is an accurate report from some one that post pictures of green heads up on the board everyday during season.:arkie:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.