Arkansas Hunting banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's a dizzying array of stuff for sure. But I appreciate all of the suggestions. I'll need to do some googling...especially on how to do the different Texas rig, Alabama rig etc.

It's funny because I know so much equine/equestrian terminology...but I'm clueless on this stuff.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
These I love them, makes it super easy to change hooks and lures, also must have needle nose pliers and gloves if you prefer especially if you’re catfishing or perch jerkin.
937B685C-7EB3-45CC-938A-2934C998024A.png

·
Registered
192 Posts
If somebody mentioned roadrunners I didn’t see them. If I just wanted to catch “fish” that would be it. They come in sizes that will catch bream, 1-32 and then 1/16 and 1/8. I’ve caught just about every kind of fish that will bite bait on them. If I had to pick one it would be red head and white maribu body...add a jar of crappie bites and up your odds with one on the hook. 8lb line max.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Brown rebel crawdad, fire tiger mini rapala (floating), 1/8 ounce chartreuse & white buzz bait, yellow Rebel grasshopper and a pair of needle nose.

·
Registered
683 Posts
3/16 bass jig with craw trailer gets it done for the smallmouth where I fish. if I am going for walleye, it is bomber long a's. if it is flatheads, I go with bream hooks, long shanks, and then 6-10 ought circles, 1 oz weights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For all species catching and fun it’s hard to beat inline spinners like rooster tails or panther martins
Great comment
I have caught more specie's of fish than you can imagine on rooster tails!
And it's my number one when white bass fishing during early spring up in the river. Just this year I'm pretty certain I've caught over 250 white's on various color rooster tails.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Great comment
I have caught more specie's of fish than you can imagine on rooster tails!
And it's my number one when white bass fishing during early spring up in the river. Just this year I'm pretty certain I've caught over 250 white's on various color rooster tails.
i hate rooster tails. lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts