Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to work and health situations (people, not the dogs!:smack: ) my poor squirrel dogs did not get out much last falls squirrel season. I would very much like to get them out and into some good squirrel hunting this springs season. I have a couple of young dogs that I REALLY need to get into squirrels and get them treeing good and also a couple older dogs who need some woods time to finish out. I live in North Centeral AR, where would be a good place to get into some squirrels on a regular basis? I normally go to public lands and end up only getting one or two trees per trip which is very expensive in gas right now. The Sylamore Forest, Buffalo National River, and Gulf Mtn WMA are all places I continue to try and locate squirrels but the areas are so large the squirrels are hard to locate. Any suggestions on how and where I can get my poor little dogs into some squirrels here in a few weeks?

Rachel

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
It is not a good idea to put them into the woods until after turkey season is over unless you have private property. You are surrounded by good public land with plenty of squirrels. :biggrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.