Need to find me a slickhead!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Nuge Fan, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

Tagging out has never been a big deal to me, but this year I'm so close to tagging out all with my bow (only one bow kill coming into this year). I got 4 deer this year in zone 13 so I'm tagged out. Got a camp down in Camden but everything is set-up for gun hunting. Big box stands and plus it's a 2 hour drive both ways. Going to go out and try to find a spot to hunt at winona and maybe camp robinson. Never been to either place so my expectations are low. I've got at least one more trip to Camden planned so hopefully I will connect there. Any other places I should check out? I saw in the other camp robinson threads that you have to sign in NLR and pick a zone to hunt in. Can someone explain that process to me?

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Where is Lonsdale? There 3 public land just a hop, skip and jump from here.

3. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

You will have to have a sportmens pass as well. They only sale them on Tuesdays and Thursdays now. Once you have your pass all you do is drive to the main gate and pick out which zone you want to hunt. Check the map first because some zones might be closed. Oh and have both of your passes or they won't let you in.