Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I need to cut some firewood for this winter. I have a ton of wood I could cut down in MS but the gas would cost more than I could buy it for here. Do ya'll know if there are any areas in central arkansas where I could cut some at? I know people will let you cut old clearcuts sometimes but I haven't found any yet.

I just may have to head down to MS before to long.:smack: My wife is wanting a lot of firewood for this year.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I've had good luck just putting the word on the street that I'll come pick up downed trees, etc. I've had to turn stuff down that was over my head, ability wise. Between that and trees dying on my property, etc, I keep well stocked in wood.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Chaley,

They just got through cutting both sides of Hwy 107 between Gravel Ridge and Sylvan Hills for the widening project they're doing. I got all I'm gonna need for 3 winters this past weekend. The guys that are doing the job said that they are gonna start burning everything in a few days and I could have all that I wanted. It's easy pickings. There were 5 or 6 other guys that were cutting & loading Sunday too and I drove by yesterday evening and seen a couple cutting too. Take a drive over and take a look. It's all oak and perfect sized for easy loading & spliting.

·
Registered
845 Posts
the forest service allows folks to cut up the tops in areas that have been logged. just call the forest service office closest to you and ask if they have any areas where you can cut....you have to buy a permit which is $10 or so. they'll point out the area on a map for you. the area is marked with red signs once you get there.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have some trees in my yard that I want cut down, but I want my house to be in one piece when its over..........so that means I ain't cutting them myself....might could work something out with ya like you can have the wood if you cut em, haul em, and do or at least help with the clean up.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I won't cut them out of your yard either, because I want you to have your house standing also!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

When I cut a tree you yell timber in all directions because it could go anywhere.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Is Batesville to far for you to drive? IF not, send me a PM. I know of some ground that was select cut and has a lot of tree tops on it. My buddy owns it. He is letting a few people cut now. If you are interested I will put ya'll in touch.

·
Grand Member
15,439 Posts
Plenty of wood lay'n down around here from the tornado in May, If you don't find any closer give me a PM. I'm about 20 miles north of Conway on 65, just north of Damascus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.