need to blow up a beaver dam

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Big E, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

does anybody know who can blow a dam for my bro. near Poyen (central/southern AR)?

2. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

AGFC, my grandad used to do it for them but he retired...

3. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

i didnt realize they did it. does he just need to contact the main office?

4. Damascus-Doug

Damascus-Doug Well-Known Member

Sent you a pm with some info :up:

5. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

Im not sure who he needs to contact exactly, that is where I would start though...

6. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

C4 :whistle:

7. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Get a 10mm and shoot it.

8. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Ammonia nitrate....diesel fuel....1 or 2 liter plastic coke bottle and some det cord!!!:whistle::whistle::whistle:

9. do they still sell tannerite (can't remember how its spelled)

10. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

X2 Not saying it is completely legal but we have been known to mix a little fertilizer and diesel in a couple bottles and place them throughout the dam. I didnt have det cord but i did have blasting caps for dynamite. Dont know if any household items could be used to detonate them.

11. varmint hunter

varmint hunter Well-Known Member

A friend at work told me thats how they do it ..........but never seen them do it :head: . But I bet it's pretty cool to see:biggrin:

12. speedygman

speedygman Well-Known Member

Not sure what to use, but make sure you get video of it going off!!:biggrin:

13. Tannerite, you can bu it over the Net.......

14. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Might be worth $100k on Americas Funniest Home Videos!

15. jwr

jwr Well-Known Member

rison
    870 678 3473 that # will get you a man with explosive, not cheap but legal

16. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    just go stand on top of it and yell "allah akbar" for some reason after yelling that stuff just blows up :biggrin:

17. J870sm

J870sm Well-Known Member

I don't know if you can still get the putty dynamite? I think it was called Tovex. You used to be able to get this (and I believe you could get it without paperwork) but you had to have caps (needed the paperwork). THis may have all changed. You can cut the putty in 1/2 or 1/4 sticks and use ammonium nitrate in a prestone jug or something similar. has to have a mouth big enough to get the putty down into. This works really well but you need to pack the jug tight in the hole. Attach wire to the cap run it back (way back) to your det. device. A truck battery will work if you don't have a crank.

WARNING: over doing this will send shock waves and a lot of people with flashing lights and red trucks will appear:smack::censored::banghead:.

This is all hear say I never did this:whistle:

Tannerite will work for this but you don't need as much as you might think. The problem here is getting the mix down in the sticks and mud and still have a target to shoot with a 300 win. mag at say 200yds minimum, ask me how I know. Everything that is around the mix becomes a projectile once the bullet impacts. Get your vehicle, dog and kids back because if the wife is with you she will go ballistic quicker than the flash BOOOMMMMMM!!!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  18. rowdyrabbit

rowdyrabbit Well-Known Member

You can get by with less of a charge if you can put it in the water tight against the dam. The force is going to go the route with the least resistance. The water is going put up alot more resistance than packed sticks and mud.

19. guys I have made a living in the explosive market for 23 years and if you dont know what you are doing LEAVE IT ALONE. There are no accidents with explosives it is fatalitles,if you are not legal about it you can get in more trouble than you will ever be able to get out of..

20. cacheman

cacheman Well-Known Member

Homeland Security is probably monitoring a few on this thread by now.