Need to be horse whipped

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by leserz, Dec 16, 2010.

1. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

went to bear mountain gun range today. @20 miles west of hot springs. looks like the garbage dumps of old.
    stuff thrown all over looks like some one emptied one and part of a trash container to find something to shoot at and left it laying on the grounf . the windy weather today did not help . there was a computer tower all shot to hell. who ever made a mess like that had to be more than a few to be that bad. if they catch them i hope they bring back public flogging. if the forest service closed down the range i could not blame them. only takes a few low life's to mess up a place

2. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Love being able to do my shooting in my own yard.

3. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

Ditto...I shoot in my boyfriend's yard.

4. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you hit him yet?

Just kidding.........your post reminded me of a true story.

The Judge ask the lady if she shot her boy friend in self defense. She replied "No sir Judge, I shot him when he jumped the fence." :clap:

Logan County 1974 :thumb:

5. Rutcutter

Rutcutter Well-Known Member

Yea it was like that when I went down there before rifle season... :mad:

6. Sylamore

The Sylamore Range, really got trashed over the Thanksgiving Holidays. The Forest Service is depending on Volunteers to help keep all of it's Shooting Ranges cleaned up. Also to report abuse, if any thing unacceptable is going down on the range. It is disgusting to see the attitude of some of the jerks that go to the range without any preparation other than a firearm and ammo. When they show up without any targets they resort to any thing they can find. Bottles, cans, any kind of trash they can get their hands on. Then just walk off and leave it when they run out of ammo.
    I am really getting tired of cleaning up behind these people. I hope to see some sting operations over the Christmas Holidays and in the future.
    If anyone wants to volunteer to help the Forest Service maintain their ranges, just drop by the local district office and sign up. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. :thumb:

7. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

I went to a public firing range in Buckville before deer season and was amazed at all of the trash. They will eventually be closed to the public if you don't take care of them.

It's a shame.

8. That range is not far from my house. I started to ride down there today but just didn't....it is usually trashed. I don't use it unless it's in an off season and nobody else is there.
    I have my own range behind the house I prefer because I don't have to worry about any yahoo when I have a high dollar gun.
    Yeah they need to start enforcing the litter laws there and I wouldn't have a problem with them doing a sting to catch a few.
    The word would get out......

9. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Used to be a real convenient place to shoot at Weddington, but they had to close it due to litter-slinging hooligans. We shot there when I was in college, usually hauled a bag or two of trash home with us every trip. :banghead:

Got to where some real "interesting" folks would show up and get interested in what you were shooting...

So we split.

10. That's what I am talking about.......I like being at a range alone.
    People are scoping out your stuff and I get worried when I walk away to check my targets.
    I will even take my gun with me when I walk away......

11. Sylamore

I very seldom walk down range and leave a rifle or pistol on the shooting bench. I always carry it with me or it is locked in the truck. I also conceal carry when I am at the range. :thumb:

12. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

I shot at Weddington in the 80's... I hear it's too 'funky" any more.
    Bummer, that.
    Tommy

13. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

I've seen it like that before too. That is not the norm though. Folks generally pick up their junk. I've seen a lot of folks pick up a lot more than they brought in. I often carry a spare big trash bag, and fill it up with paper and scraps laying around, "just on general principal".

Slob "hunters'.... If'n I were that type guy I'd wish a pox on them.

Tommy

14. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

i belong to a range in pencil bluff . but now that i moved to hot spring it's a ride to get there.
    bear mtn range could use a burn barrel or two. they have trash vaults but there is not a way to get a truck in there to pick up the trash in them. but if not for slobs that would not be an issue. pick up our brass and hulls and trash please . kind of wish they would go back to paper wads and hulls for shot shells instead of laying around the ground for eternity paper breaks down plastic don't