Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a new shotgun between now and next duck season. It will primarily be used for duck hunting. I am on somewhat of a budget. The two guns that I have looked at quite a bit are the Stoeger m3500 and the Beretta 3901. That is the price range I need to stay in. I really like certain features about each one and have heard good things about both. I know the Beretta is just a 3 inch gun but I would rarely shoot 3 1/2 in shells with the Stoeger. My question is to those who have experience with either of these guns, please comment with any good or bad experience and which one would be a better bang for my buck. I am in no way trying to start a pissing match about which gun brand is better than the other but just trying to get as much info on these two guns before making a purchase. Thanks!

· Registered
8,720 Posts
My vote goes to the m3500. I had a m2000 that was a pleasure to shoot, and never messed up. I know you listed those two, but take a gander at the Baikal MP453. It will do all the way up to 3.5", and you don't ever see ANYTHING bad about them. Plus they run less than $500, just get a FFL to order you one. Also the Mossberg 930 or 935 would be in that price range. Also the NEF Excel Auto is a great shooting gun. Lots of choices out there.

· Registered
502 Posts
Have hunted with the same beretta shotgun for 10 years. I love this gun. Used as a paddle, and a depth guage. Always shoots and ejects. Eats anything I feed it. Very fast and smooth. Just my .02. And it shoots dirty too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.