Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I want to see what you guys think about this situation. First of all let me say I am not really concerned about it but I am curious how you guys would feel in this situation.

I saw a gun on here I wanted to buy. I sent a PM to the seller and we traded a few messages until a price was agreed upon. We even agreed upon a time and place to meet this weekend.

Then today I got a pm saying the gun was sold to someone else. The new buyer offered to pay today.

Again I am not upset in this situation, I probably did not need to spend the money anyway.

Just wanted to see what you all thought. On one hand a deal is a deal, but on the other hand cash was offered sooner than I could get there.

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
If a deal was struck it should have stuck, regardless of how long till the exchange was made if the seller new up front how long it would be before the buyer could make the exchange.

JMO

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I just look at it as maybe God did not want you to have that gun. Perhaps there was a problem with it, or perhaps you may need that money for something else..... I like to think of it as God looking out for us, and you may have very well received a wonderful blessing by it going to someone else....

We don't know the future, but God does and He knows whats best for us.:thumb:

And yes, something similiar has happened to me recently. Oh well !!

MET

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
On the flip side of this. How many sellers have tried to sell something and been told by a member that they want it, held the item for them and they never showed up, nor heard from them again. That seems to be a common thing as well.

I've gotten to where I am not trying to sell my stuff. Somebody either wants it for free, or wants me to hold it forever until they get the money for it. There is a point that I just won't wait any longer. I guess the time depends on the information I am given. If I am told nothing of a timetable, then the person with the money gets it first. If someone agrees to a time and place then most likely I will wait. Depends on the situation and the info.

When your broke and hungry, you have to do something though, and the world ain't that great at the moment.

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
Was in the same situation selling a gun. A guy 15 miles away offered to buy it from me about a day or two after I had already made a deal with another guy from further away. The first guy and I agreed to meet in Little Rock which was about a 40 minute drive out of the way for me. The second guy would have met me in Morrilton which is where I go grocery shopping anyway and wouldn't be out of the way at all.

I sucked it up and did the right thing by dealing with the first one that made a deal with me.

Though it costs me some time and a little gas money, I think it was the right thing to do. JMHO

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
At least it was just a gun. A couple of years ago, we went to Maumelle to look at a supercrew 4X4 F150. Well, the next day, Labor Day, after my wife and I prayed about it, I called the guy back and he came down a couple hundred bucks and we made a deal on the phone. He wanted me to fax him a buyer's agreement the next morning at work and I said that was great, no problem b/c it would make me feel better too. We were in the boonies at my BIL's cabin outside Clinton and I'd had to work to get to a place with cellphone reception to make the call. Well that afternoon, I have a message when we leave that I needed to call him b/c he let someone else look at the truck that afternoon and they wanted it. I think we had agreed on a price of 18,800 and he said the other guy offered him 21,000 but I could still have it if I matched his price and called him back by noon. It was now 5:00 or so and I hadn't even had cellphone reception until we hit the highway. Needless to say, he knew exactly how I felt about the whole deal when I left him a message b/c he would not answer his phone after selling it out from under me! Some people just have no morals!:smack: I did buy a much nicer newer Supercrew Lariat 4X4 F150 for less money months later after waiting for a good deal.

On the flip side, last summer we decided to buy a house and after praying about it we made an offer. The guy we were buying it from said that he was sorry, but he had made an oral deal a few hours earlier with a couple (for less than we offered). He said he didn't know if they could get the loan and if it fell through we could have it for the lower price that they offered. We could have offered about 5,000-10,000 more than our original offer when he told us that b/c we were prepared to give that much anyway but we just don't deal like that. Remembering us and the truck deal, we just waited b/c he said he would know within a week. We prayed that if the house was right for us it would work out and if not God would block the deal and the house would sell. Two days later we got a call that the deal fell through and we got the house.:up:

Two stories of two very different sellers with very different morals and ethics. I don't make a deal of any magnitude unless I'm satisfied with it and have thought things through and prayed about it first. Some people think differently!:smack: Your word IS your bond!!!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks for chiming in guys. Lord knows I have enough guns so I am not upset about it. Michael T I like your attitude brother.

Thanks my friend...... The Lord says not to worry for tomorrow ... see the flowers of the field and the birds of the air ... they don't worry about what to eat or what to wear ..... the Lord takes care of them.... would He also not take care of you whom He loves so much more... Paraphrased....:biggrin:

Thats why I work with this attitude... worry is good for nothing, and if I can believe that the Lord is looking out for me, then I have no worry.... + He really is looking out for us... believe that !!

God Bless

MET

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.