Need some help!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Chasegal88, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Chasegal88

Chasegal88 Well-Known Member

NWA
    I've been hunting Bell Slough this year and have found a excellent rub line that runs for a long distance along the edge of the swamp. Its obviously the dominate deer doing it because they are rubbed on regularly. Only problem is this deer will not show. I'm afraid this deer wont move in the daylight. There is a small fork-n-horn running around but I ruled him out on this one. Any thoughts or advice? I need to sling an arrow before my broadheads rust off.

:head::banghead:

2. jublain

jublain Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site! I personally dont hunt rub lines. They have constantly dissappointed me. Your best bet would be to look around a little more and try to find the scrap line or a good food source.

3. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

I've seen forked horns rub fence post before.

4. yota

yota Well-Known Member

x2

5. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

Stop hunting the rub line... try to figure out where he is coming in from and hunt different parts around it.

6. Chasegal88

NWA
    the area is all wooded with trails running in every direction. I know the general direction all the does are headed toward in the mornings but haven't found what their destination is. I know the deer are bedding in the area but haven't found it yet. I was a dummy and started antler hunting at the beginning of the season and passed up on does. Now my freezer is empty and i cant find a deer! Need to stop doing that.

7. y hunt

y hunt Super Moderator Staff Member

Find the food and you will find the deer. Not alot of food in the areas I hunt and trails are worn heavy.

8. bottmhtr

bottmhtr Well-Known Member

Any water in the slough, I like to hunt the edge of the water and the bends

9. Chasegal88

NWA
    The slough was pretty full this morning. Sounded like I was back in Afghanistan with all the duck hunters.

10. pearlsnaps

Only 4 deer have been killed at bell slough this year. 2 of which were bucks. Your probably not alone.
    I used to hunt out there by the rest area all the time. Quit once i go my tail light broke. Some good deer out there though

11. Chasegal88

NWA
    Yeah i noticed that the numbers on the AGFC website were pretty low in the harvest numbers. I've seen deer almost every time i've been out except for these last couple of hunts. I'm afraid that the duck hunters, and the guy leaving 410 shells everywhere have them spooked. I'm going to keep on keeping on!!

12. pearlsnaps

Yeah it gets hard during duck season. They like to run boats ashore and shoot off next to the rest area and run back to the boats. Guess they think that will get em ducks. Lol. Seen it happen from my climber one time.
    I'll probably venture out there in February some.
    Good luck on that buck! Wanna see pics if so.