Need some help!!!

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by soybean, Nov 27, 2012.

1. soybean

soybean Well-Known Member

S AR
    Ok folks, I am trying to find a magazine for a Remington Model 788 .223. I trying to find one for my wife's grandfather for Christmas. His original factory clip is about wore out. I have search about everything I can on the internet. Any websites or info would be appreciated.

2. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

3. arkansas-bowhunter

arkansas-bowhunter Well-Known Member

.222 and .223 clips should be the same. Sportsman guide sells these clips for 35$

4. dkhern

dkhern Well-Known Member

check midway, brownells, numerica(google gun parts)

5. mwells72774

mwells72774 Well-Known Member

check ebay. seen them cheap and expensive on there.

6. newt

newt Well-Known Member

I'll look at this local store that's going out of business. I was in there the other day and they had a whole wall of various magazines. They would always carry the odds and ends of stuff too. Hate to see it close down. I'll let you know if I find one.

7. soybean

S AR
    Thanks guys. I have looked at all the above sites mentioned and done some research. The .222 clip should work. He is 90 and raises cattle. He still gets after the coyotes and has worn the original clip out!

8. soybean

S AR
    Newt let me know what you find. I appreciate it.

9. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

10. newt

newt Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, they got three.

[​IMG]

Holler back and I'll pick it up for you.

11. ar_lawngod

ar_lawngod Well-Known Member

NW AR
    Newt- What store is it that is closing down? I may need to go by and check it out.

12. newt

newt Well-Known Member

Decatur general store.

13. soybean

S AR
    Newt. I appreciate the help. Pmed back.

14. newt

newt Well-Known Member

I hate to see them close down. But man do I wish I had some money to spend. They got things in there that would come in handy in the future. They got things most people do not even carry anymore. Its dwindling pretty fast though. The only downside is that most of their stuff was WAY overpriced. But the really old items and such were marked a long time ago. As you can see in the picture, the clip was marked for less than $19. But that's the exception, not the rule with that place.