Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know we had a challenge with the lease increases which has cause some issues within the camp- basically what we have done all along is a member can bring there sons, daughters, son-in-laws daughter in laws down to hunt and if they were in school or college they didnt have to pay but if they were older they paid a daily fee, well since our lease has increased we have had 3 Members decide they cant pay the membership but they want to hunt as "Guest" because they fall into the above catagory as do several of our father son combos we still have in which they each pay a full membership. So what would you do with these 3 EX members- go ahead and let em beat the system? Inform them that if you drop a membership you dont come back- or charger them a Extra High guest fee and take away the advantage??

·
Registered
832 Posts
Moochers

They are dropping and the rest of the members have to make up the difference in the lease if no more members are found. That is grossly unfair and these guys are obviously taking advantage of a "fair play" rule system. Why were these fellows paying in the first place? Were they trying to help out? If so that places a different light on things. I've seen a lot of different rules for guests. There are two that I like. 1. A guest is limited to x number of hunts and can not hunt the first week. 2. 5 days of hunting is equal to a total membership ( $600/yr equals $100/day guest fee). There are many blends to work with but in my experience guest fees are usually way too low.
Your rule system is very fair for all members and times are changing. Rules are set in stone until changed and it looks like the Pres needs to appoint a committee to examine the rules.
One last comment. People meet a time or money threshold all the time and come back and hunt as a guest. They like the friendship but for various reasons can not participate as a full member anymore.

·
Registered
156 Posts
are they still in school if they are then they shouldn't be treated no different than those that bring there's that are quest. charge them the quest fee. if there not in school than if they don't get in they lost there membership. to me i would take a vote between club members and see how the problem should be handled. there could be another way ya"ll could come up with a solution and you don't make nobody mad. it could cause turmoil in the camp and people could get mad and get out. just my opinion i am not a expert on this. hope it helps. good luck:up:

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Myself and most others think its a way to beat the system- we have a rule No guest for 1st week og Gun season and 1st 2 weekends. We also limit a guest to 1 buck and 1 doe for the year! I even was asked by 1 of the members thats getting out that he wanted to keep his 2 permanent stands- Not Happening! In case he joined back next year! We have several members that only hunt 1 week a year- of coourse it would be cheaper to hunt as a guest but they pay there membberships like the rest of us! We definitely need to raise our guest fees from 25 bucks to something more in line with todays rates!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If they fall under the rules of being able to hunt under their parent's membership than that should be ok. That being said, they should be treated as other are. There should be no special privialges since they paid the year before.

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Sounds like the kind of people I wouldn't want to hunt with to start with, they seem to have no problem letting others pay their way. Raise the guest fees to cover more of your expense, revisit the rules concerning guest, where and when they can hunt. Maybe they will just stay away and do the right thing.

·
Registered
12,948 Posts
A member's child who is a full-time student should not have to pay. Got a full time job. They should pay. Otherwise, they should be considered a guest. How would it be to have it structered that an immediate family member guest would pay less than a friend guest? Is that too complicated?

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
As some of you know we had a challenge with the lease increases which has cause some issues within the camp- basically what we have done all along is a member can bring there sons, daughters, son-in-laws daughter in laws down to hunt and if they were in school or college they didnt have to pay but if they were older they paid a daily fee, well since our lease has increased we have had 3 Members decide they cant pay the membership but they want to hunt as "Guest" because they fall into the above catagory as do several of our father son combos we still have in which they each pay a full membership. So what would you do with these 3 EX members- go ahead and let em beat the system? Inform them that if you drop a membership you dont come back- or charger them a Extra High guest fee and take away the advantage??
Form a policy that former members cannot be guests for ......say ....5 years!

Rethink your guest policys.....son in laws hunt free without a guest fee?

Guest fees need to help the fund to pay the leases or maintain the leases.

Moochers need to be steered away.........:wink:

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
with us...kids, as long as they are in school, full time are allowed to hunt without a fee...and are allowed 1 buck and 1 doe, or 2 doe......when they get out of school, and have a job, then they are treated as guests......we have 2 weeks per year, where we have cooks in camp, and then the guest fee is $150......for 1 day or all week, from Saturday a.m., till Friday p.m.!!
If the guest can only hunt 2 days...well, it's still $150!!!

The rest of the season, other than those 2 weeks...guests can hunt for free...but are still limited to the same Bag limit...also a guest, cannot be on the property, without His or Her sponsor(full Member).........exception, if they come in seperate trucks, and the guest arrives first...then he can sit at the camp...cannot go into the woods, until his sponsor gets there!!

I'd say, in your situation Bubba...........You're HISTORY!!!!! If you want to hunt as a guest, you can come on these days only, and the fee will be $150/day.........let them decide then, which is cheaper!!!!!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
At our club.......son's of members that are full time students (over 16) pay 1/2.......... If they quit school or if they graduate they have to pay full membership.......... Guest fees are $25 per day and if they kill a buck --- another $100.......... It has worked well for us over the years.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
1st thing is raise your guest fee. Do you have 3 men to take their places or has this caused a problem as far as getting members this late. Our payment to the timber co. was due in April or May. If you have someone to replace them, I say just let em pay and hunt as a guest. We use guest fees to help offset camp cost. I like the no guest rule first 9 days of modern gun season.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The club I'm in guests can hunt 3 days only after the first 3 days of MG season. Immediate family members are not considered guests and can hunt with a club member at anytime. I don't really know of anyone terribly abusing the policy. We have several father and sons who both have memberships even though they really don't have to. We also have a new policy that between the member and people he brings they can only harvest 3 legal bucks. I know of one guys whos grown son comes in and hunts with him sometime, which is fine with me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.