Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByArkansas Hunting1393376351.977243.jpg
Thinking about pullin the trigger on this boat. Any ideas on how it will perform? Boat is a 1648 has 2 pods in the back and storage on the sides. Motor is 25 etech with factory tilt trim with ss solas prop. Not lookin to win any races just want a reliable good running and handling boat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
For what it's worth, I run a 1650 Xpress DB and I have a 50hp Yamaha (2 stroke) with T/T.

I will say this, if it's just going to be you a majority of the time the 25hp will suffice, If your going to take a buddy or 2 with their stuff as well I suggest a larger outboard. I use mine to carry all kinds of people and stuff and at times wish I had a 60hp....jmo

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the 25hp restriction kinda hurts I will hunt alot of WMA's with 25 horse restriction. Its also gonna double as a crappie/trotline runnin rig too. They have a 1648 with a 40 horse yamaha but its a little more pricey. Around 12 grand.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
If your looking into buying from Greg or Marty I would suggest a xpress. I haven't bee impressed with the boat you are looking at.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wouldn't buy one. Wasn't that long ago they got into a big mess when they crossed a guy they built a boat for. He was a new lawyer or was about to get out of law school and it was a mess. I don't think they ever did right despite his attempts at trying to get them to fix the legendcrap.

Wonder what happened to 'ol plucky, I miss the old place, the way it was.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Looked at that one the other day and it's a good looking boat but didn't like that it didn't have much storage in it. It looked really light so I bet the 25 will push it pretty good.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I havent looked at the boat personally. I was gonna do that friday. I guess yall helped me make my mind up. I guess i need to holler at madduck and inquire about his wareagle.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Thanks guys. I havent looked at the boat personally. I was gonna do that friday. I guess yall helped me make my mind up. I guess i need to holler at madduck and inquire about his wareagle.
Madduck has a very nice setup and he's the type of feller that takes care of his stuff.

·
Premium Member
26,199 Posts
Legendcraft were good tough boats.....but lacked internal storage....on the other hand ill sell you a gun box
Each to his own, I took the gun box out of my war eagle. Don't want anything taking up space in the middle of my boat. Gotta have room for my pirogue!:up:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
you can find a good used rig for 4-5 just takes some patience. Not knocking mercs but if I read on here and the converstation is about 25 mercs I usually can expect madduck posting, if I see conversation about merc's that are bigger than 25's I see jhall and nat42 post about them. If there's any talk about 3cyl yam or suzuki's 25's I see countless advocates of them, myself included. If I was looking at a strong 25 2 stroke it would be a johnson 25 and put a 35 carb on it. Perfect strength for a 15ft, 16ft not sure about and not sure about a merc 25 pushing a 16ft

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Motors push weight, regardless of size, I have mercs not be able to push 15ft boats loaded down, but have seen them push 16 foot boats that weren't

Same for Johnson yammer or any 2 cylinder 2 stroke

The 3 cyl motors or any modded motor is the only way to achieve power

·
Registered
45 Posts
I run a 1442 Legend Craft with a 25 mercury, and love the set up. It handles great in the timber!! The storage is a little lacking. I have the gun box in there to hold small items but I bought a gun rack from Macks ($25) and 2 seconds to install and it holds 2 guns up against the wall and out of the way!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts