Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1973 johnson 9-9 and the brass gear used of rht rthrottle is stripped and I can't seem to find a new one. If anyone has some leads please let me know. Thanks.:frown:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, just the one on the throttle handle. The gear on the engine side is made of steel and the one on the handle is made of brass and wears out really quick. Hey thanks for all your help.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Please note that BRP doesn't sell parts directly, they will insist you visit a dealer. But if you have the part number, you can search on line for it, and you'd be surprise at how many dealers out there do bidness online. I just like looking up my own parts, it saves time wherever you end up buying.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Try Good Old Boys Trading Post (outboard motor salvage):thumb:

Ask for Johnny MacIntosh. 479-272-4710 Plainview Arkansas close to Lake Nimrod.:thumb:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Please note that BRP doesn't sell parts directly, they will insist you visit a dealer. But if you have the part number, you can search on line for it, and you'd be surprise at how many dealers out there do bidness online. I just like looking up my own parts, it saves time wherever you end up buying.

Not sure on this, I got an e-mail that they have started on-line sales! I keep getting reminders from them, about free shipping, quick turn around, ...

But I have not needed any parts to test them out.

Just wanted to share.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,029 Posts
I found everything but the gear you needed, bro....man I could've swore there was one or two of them around here, but we got some big packrats....I lose more tools to them boogers than anything. If it's shiny or shaped just right....they take it! Sorry...I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya though! ~john

1 - 12 of 12 Posts