Need help from white river and or trusten holder hunters

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bayoubuckhunter, Dec 21, 2010.

1. bayoubuckhunter

bayoubuckhunter Well-Known Member

me and a friend will be camping around merrisiach lake dec26th-jan. 3rd. This will give us time to scout....true, But with just a little help could save us some time from scouting which means more time to hunt. I would like to ask you guys what is the best area around there to scout,hunt on white river and or trusten holder, only honest response please. I have a boat to travel the river if need be, i know it should make for easier access along the river, thanks in advance and also i would like to wish everyone here on ar hunting.net a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, thanks again,
    dewayne

2. andrew

andrew Well-Known Member

The south unit of the refuge will be closed bud.

3. bayoubuckhunter

Open thru dec 31st??

4. andrew

andrew Well-Known Member

That's correct. I'm sorry misread your dates

5. bucks_N_ducks

bucks_N_ducks Well-Known Member

it's open til the 31st but the gates are closed so walk in only

6. SA_ArcheryGuy

SA_ArcheryGuy Well-Known Member

Not many options when it comes to walking into the south unit. The north unit is still open, but it is also open to the duck hunters in the mornings. If you plan to hunt it in the mornings, the lakes will be booming.

7. faithfularcher

faithfularcher Well-Known Member

we saw a lot of deer in the south unit a couple weeks ago . Near jacks bay.

8. arrowhunter

arrowhunter Well-Known Member

So the south unit will still be open just walk in only?

9. BullDog

BullDog Well-Known Member

not seeing any big buck anymore it has slowed way down from what is was 2 weeks ago.

10. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

The South unit closes to all entry Dec. 31st. The North unit closes to bowhunting Jan. 31st.

11. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

You can drive in to Jack's Bay until Dec. 31st but, everything else on South end is walk in only until it closes down on Dec. 31st.

12. hortonhunter

hortonhunter Well-Known Member

nea
    same here not much of anything :frown: maybe the does not bred first time around will be cycling again soon and get them on their feet again :up:

13. thats not many days in the refuge. i would concentrait on trusten holden, usually its the 3rd or 4th day you find them.

14. bayoubuckhunter

We found 4 real good spots and put cams out, we start hunting in the morning...

15. andrew

andrew Well-Known Member

How was the hunting today? Been working at merrisak might have seen your camp sight