Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 pups that r 4months old& need picked at some! I have 6 live trap that have been out for the past 19nights baited with dog&cat food marshmallows peanutbutter tuna fish sardines & peacan pie only have caulght 1 coon does anyone have any sugestions on what to use for bait? I have never had this kinda problem b4 on catching coons

· Registered
131 Posts
If you know someone that has a feeder with corn in it that will be your easiest spot. Ive been catchin a bunch of them round bonerdale off a friends feeder. If your not to far away we should go hunt sometime, i have a 8 month old i got from jtollet. Send me your number and ill give you a call when i catch one and we can hook up. I gotta worn you i have walkers :wink:

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try honey bun let y'all know n a few days if I catch one. Micahg pm me I will go hunting if not to far to drive. I must warn u I hunt old cur dogs & ain't 2 sure they know what a coon is. Hound guys I hunt with call my dogs meat dogs!

· Registered
497 Posts
I have used everything for bait that should work! 2 full months of trappin with 6 live traps I caught 2 coons!
yeah J, sure sounds like the location of the traps aint to good. :) Your bait sounds good. Might try to smear bacon grease somewhere around the trap where it will stay dry and last a long time. That grease will consistently smell for a long time if kept dry and out of the weather. (under tree bark etc).

· Registered
497 Posts
yeah J, sure sounds like the location of the traps aint to good. :) Your bait sounds good. Might try to smear bacon grease somewhere around the trap where it will stay dry and last a long time. That grease will consistently smell for a long time if kept dry and out of the weather. (under tree bark etc).
Then throw the bait you been using in the trap. My favorite is sardines with marshmallows for dessert.

· Registered
497 Posts
I am trappin around a large minnow farm. Bar ditchs & drains. Normaly I catch coons easy n these spots! Ther just ain't any coons in the spots I can trap
wow! Sounds like you are just crap out of luck and them coons got smart on you Ha! Send me a message where you live. We are also catching some caged coon for a couple young dogs. If you like we can work something out if you live close enough. I say that now then watch us not catch now.

· Registered
146 Posts
All you need to do is get about 2 pieces of bread break it up and throw it in the back of your trap and if you have any coons you will catch him.I always set mine around a creek or around some logs thats go all the way across a creek,coons use the logs to cross back and forth on.If you can find any logs that cross a creek theres probably coon droppings all over them to thats the kind of place you want to set your trap around.Hope that helps you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.