Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a great deal on a 17' Alumacraft, center console with 75 hp motor in great shape. Would this make a good duck boat also. I need a boat for the family, fishing etc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i agree it would be good for rivers and what not, however i just got a boat with a 50 on it and was worried about hunting some places. I asked a game warden at the LR office and was told unless it specifically says 25 hp limit in the refuge then you are ok to hunt it. Just won't be able to get to many places that the water is a little shallower.

i tried to post the link to the thread on it but since i don't have 15 posts it won't let me post, anyway there is a thread discussing max hp on WMAs in this same fourm

·
Registered
143 Posts
sounds like a great boat to do both hunt and time with the family. How wide is the boat? This may determine how shallow you can run, or so I've been told. I agree with what the others say on the WMA's, make sure and call someone before you head out to one. Most of them do restrict the hp to a 25. But there are plenty of places out on the big water to hunt. Hope this helps.

Good luck and btw....let's see some pics of the boat!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.