Need Advice: Flying with firearms....to Canada

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by .270Win, Jan 22, 2008.

1. .270Win

.270Win Well-Known Member

It's looking very likely that my business partner and I will be making a trip to Nova Scotia, Canada this Fall to hunt black bear and moose. I'll be taking my bow for the bear and my Weatherby for the moose.

Have any of you flown with hunting rifles and gear this year? Any restrictions or rules I need to be aware of? I already have the "Non-Resident Firearms Declaration Form" for Canada, and I know I've got to get a passport. I'm more concerned about the current airline rules for hunting rifles and ammo. Also a little worried about getting the moose and bear meat back to Arkansas.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

.270Win

2. .270Win

Back to the top!

3. chaley

chaley Well-Known Member

I thought that you no longer had to get a passport going to Canada.

4. LedZhead20

LedZhead20 Well-Known Member

I dont know if much has change. Your gun needs to be in a locked case by itself and your ammo checked in a sperate bag. I'm not sure about getting the meat back. I know a bunch of guys who give it to the locals.

5. Selfbow

Selfbow ...

Hope this helps.
    http://www.biggamehunt.net/sections...to_Crossing_the_CanadaUS_Border_05140704.html

6. .270Win

Thanks! :thumb:

.270Win

7. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Good info:thumb:
    Looks like I might have the opportunity to deer hunt up there this year and was wondering about taking guns to and fro.