need a head job

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by Ozark hunter, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Ozark hunter

Ozark hunter Well-Known Member

where in nca can i get my heads rebuilt and surfaced for a decent price? it's an old dodge 318

2. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

I dont know a good one but I do know a REALLY BAD one, Bobby Dollerhide in Lonsdale. If you take them there then you must like giving away money and getting the...

3. Ozark hunter

thanks for the heads up man... i really don't know where to start the search

4. natestep

natestep Well-Known Member

Ellis Machine Shop in Batesville is the only place we have. They do pretty good work most of the time. Dont know about price but you could call and see. If you take them to any place mark them somehow so you can tell your getting the same heads back. Put you a grind mark on the outside back of the head. I have been there and done that.

5. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Who dont? :shrug:

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. After a long heated battle with my wife I decided I really didnt.

P.S. My wife is a mechanic.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  6. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Don't know about up there, but if you can find a good place down this way I'd be happy to cart the parts back and forth for ya. We're making pretty regular trips for the next couple of months until we make the move. Just let me know if you need a hand.

7. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

May be a little to far for you, but the best place around IMO is Ark. Cly. Head Service in Wynne.

8. OughtSix

OughtSix Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Paragould has a pretty good place. But I can't recall the name. I'll ask my neighbor tomorrow for ya.

9. Ozark hunter

thanks alot for the help and offered hands ya'll! since tax time is right around the corner i'd like to get them redone and get a 4bbl & high rise put on it too.

10. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

LOL You kill me :fit:

11. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Doesn't Crow-Burlingame still do that?:shrug:

12. nansman

nansman Well-Known Member

X2...They are good and have fair prices.

13. Ozark hunter

where is wynne? i hear there are some monster bucks behind the walmart over there.... :hide:

14. Ozark hunter

never heard of em'

15. Ozark hunter

googled Crow-Burlingame and got a harrison number but they don't do it. gave me number to premier auto machining. ever heard of them? said $20 to clean and magnaflux $100 for valves and other stuff is extra... the truck only has 108k miles on it so they shouldn't be bad, maybe valves and guides.

keep the suggestions comming

16. papagg2

papagg2 Well-Known Member

Drive around town and check the bathroom walls, There's usually numbers guys leave, looking for business.:fit:

17. papagg2

papagg2 Well-Known Member

:clap:

18. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Arkansas Cylinder Head Service, 2305 Bartlett Rd, Wynne, AR. Tel: 870-208-8686

19. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

And it's right by the famous Wynne Wal-Mart:biggrin:

20. mikeg

mikeg Well-Known Member

And he does a good job and is reasonable, he done the heads on my truck and did a good job