NEA Report 1/3/2011

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Scritch, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Scritch

Scritch Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone else had this trouble yesterday, but I couldn't get crappie to bite. :head:

I went to Lake Charles and Portia Bay both for about 3-4 hrs each and only caught catfish and bass on minnows. I was fishing with 2 dozen yoyos.

I started at lake charles around 10am and caught a cat and a bass just after I set them out, but nothing else.
    I picked up and took them to Portia Bay and caught 5 bass.

I caught enough to take home and clean, but just not good enough for my likings.:shrug:

2. tdavis2

tdavis2 Well-Known Member

I caught 24 nice crappie in central Arkansas(private lake) on the 3Rd

3. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

We caught a few small crappie off the dock at LAke Ashbaugh. It is pretty much the only part of the lake with fishable water. Caught a few on the bar ditch behind the lake but they were small too. Caught a few keepers out at Mill Lake along with a few nice bass and a bream. Things have been slow all over. Can't wait for the crappie bite to pick back up.

Heading to Mill Lake in about 15 minutes. I will check back in later and let you know how it goes.

4. Scritch

Scritch Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input.
    Where is Mill lake?:head:

5. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

Mill Lake is just outside of Knobel. It is more of a slough than a lake but it has some damn good fishing.

Got to Mill Lake just before daylight. Fished until about 10am and caught maybe 8 decent bass. We were looking for crappie though so we headed to Ashbaugh. Ended up bringing home 15 small ones and 3 decent ones. Forgot to get any pics. We would catch about 20 baby crappie for each keeper. Ever time your jig hit the water you had a fish but most times it was a 4" long crappie or white bass.