Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just a coincidence I guess, but I just renewed today. 5 years for $100. Been a member since around 1970 and now won't expire until Aug. 2021. I still get tons of bulk mail from them that they could be using that money on something more important than advertising.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Just a coincidence I guess, but I just renewed today. 5 years for $100. Been a member since around 1970 and now won't expire until Aug. 2021. I still get tons of bulk mail from them that they could be using that money on something more important than advertising.
I signed up for a life membership last year. 500 bucks they bill you 25 every three months

·
Registered
12,308 Posts

Where did you get the option for the 5yrs for $100 ? My last 2 renewal statements only had the option for 1 or 2 years. I've been a member for at least 25-30 years. Yes, I also get too much junk mail from them during the year.

·
Administrator
41,133 Posts
I signed up for a life membership last year. 500 bucks they bill you 25 every three months
I havent seen that option but might look into it. I usually just join for one or two years at a time.

I know some will come up with some argument against joining them because they dont like or agree with something about them but overall theyre the best we've got at protecting our 2nd Amendment rights and as such I think every gun owner in America should be a member.

·
Administrator
88,030 Posts
I havent seen that option but might look into it. I usually just join for one or two years at a time.

I know some will come up with some argument against joining them because they dont like or agree with something about them but overall theyre the best we've got at protecting our 2nd Amendment rights and as such I think every gun owner in America should be a member.
There are several "pro gun" groups, but the NRA is the big dog on the porch. You never hear the anti's and Hillary talking about the small guys being the enemy.

Hillary declared the NRA and it's members public enemy #1. She considers us worse than Syrian rapeugees and ISIS terrorists.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I signed up for a life membership right after returning home from Viet Nam. Their advertising stated that there would never be an increase in dues after becoming a life member. Now I am getting notices that there is an increase in dues.
Over the years I have sent them $25 donations when they were fighting the activity of anti gun political adversaries. I enjoy the magazine and get a lot from it.
Now they are telling me I need to upgrade my Life Membership. I think they asked for about $300.
I don't think that is going to happen at this house hold until I see an explanation of where the money is going.......
Somebody fill me in on what is going on at the NRA. Are they wasting our money on big salaries and expense?
:head:

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
Life membership is a life membership.... I don't think you need to worry Sylamore.
A few years back they started some new classifications as a way to raise more money.
Patron, Benefactor, Endowment, etc... just a way for folks that already held life memberships to boost their "status". Other than another fancy patch - it don't really get you anything more.
I'm like you... became a lifetime member in the early 70s, think it cost 200 bucks then.
I always send them a little something, especially in election years.... and I even bumped my membership up a couple notches as it became affordable.... but it is still just a magazine and that good feeling you have done something to take a stand and help out a little. No change...
I believe the cost of all levels of membership will be going up in February... now is the time to upgrade, or renew....

·
Grand Member
15,688 Posts
If you are a life member then there is no increase, you are a life member. You are probably getting a bulk notice that is going out from a list they bought from ACXIOM that has people that might be interested in joining. To folks that don't like the bulk mailings or if you get phone calls from them you don't want just call them or write them and tell them to remove you from their call or/and mail register. I still get some mail from them but it's a short trip to the trash if I'm not interested. Haven't got a phone call from them in years, since I called and told them to stop.

There are some things I don't agree with the NRA on, but there ain't nobody or no group I agree with 100% of the time, my wife of 41 years included in that. The NRA is still our best and strongest defense against the anti-gun, want to control every aspect of everyone's life, left. I don't make any campaign contributions directly to candidates these days, if I do give, I give to the NRA.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If you write them a check, make sure you write on it NRA/ILA.
If only to the NRA they can use it as they see fit. If NRA/ILA is included or straight ILA it must be used for legal fights/legal purpose only.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
If you write them a check, make sure you write on it NRA/ILA.
If only to the NRA they can use it as they see fit. If NRA/ILA is included or straight ILA it must be used for legal fights/legal purpose only.
That's if you are already a member....
and if you are sending them an additional donation....

If you are writing a check to become a member be sure and fill it out the way the application states

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.