Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
Who would have ever thought you couldnt buy 30-30?? The world has gone topzy turvy. I may buy some just to say I have some. lol

They are a good company. Buy with confidence.

Reactions: Koyote

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
Who would have ever thought you couldnt buy 30-30?? The world has gone topzy turvy. I may buy some just to say I have some. lol

They are a good company. Buy with confidence.
It's ridiculous, but 30/30 is the hardest thing to get! I've been keeping my eye open for over a year, and just finally got comfortable (probably about 5 boxes).
I was a BPS in Rogers yesterday. They were slam full of 300 Blackout, but nary a box of 30/30.

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
It's ridiculous, but 30/30 is the hardest thing to get! I've been keeping my eye open for over a year, and just finally got comfortable (probably about 5 boxes).
I was a BPS in Rogers yesterday. They were slam full of 300 Blackout, but nary a box of 30/30.
I totally dont get the 300 BO phase the world is going through. I cant wrap my mind around it. Folks bash the 6.5 Creed and then buy one of those junkers?????? Im starting to see 30/30 and 243 a little more. Both got real hard to find for a while.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
I totally dont get the 300 BO phase the world is going through. I cant wrap my mind around it. Folks bash the 6.5 Creed and then buy one of those junkers?????? Im starting to see 30/30 and 243 a little more. Both got real hard to find for a while.
I think the appeal is that it's a 30/30 that you can shoot in an AR, but I dont really know that for sure.

·
Administrator
89,003 Posts
I think the appeal is that it's a 30/30 that you can shoot in an AR, but I dont really know that for sure.
The 300BO has a little less power than a 7.62x39 which has a little less power than a 30/30.

The 300 has its place and it’s a fun little round to shoot. I shoot a lot of it but I also realize it’s limitations.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
I find it pretty regularly if you need some, I've asked several people if they needed 30/30 ammo and they always say no, so I leave it on the shelf.
Thanks, but I've got a good stock of it now. I picked up a box or two at WMT here and there, and then I got a full order on Cabelas.com at some point. Want to make sure I've got plenty bc I've got 2 kids that I plan to have shooting 30/30 this year, and one rifle to sight in.

·
Registered
17,831 Posts
Hmmm... I'm even more confused about the 300BO now.
If in doubt, stay away from them. :LOL:

Would make a good man killer, and not really that good at that. They will shoot out to 40 yards subsonic. lol

I tried them. With a 30mm scope I could not even sight it in at 100 yards. Not enough elevation. It was a high end Zeiss scope too.

Reactions: Hobbshunter
1 - 20 of 46 Posts