Mysterious Black Birds

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by Hēlim, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hēlim

Hēlim Well-Known Member

So any ideas what caused the birds to drop dead in BeBe? This is very strange. The news station mentioned fireworks, but I am not the least bit convinced on that theory.

2. jdrake19

jdrake19 Well-Known Member

Too many threads on dead blackbirds will kill more blackbirds.

3. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

100's of thousands of blackbirds spooked out of a roost around midnight might make for some dangerous flying conditions. I say truama from mid-air collisions.

4. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

Trauma...fireworks...bull:censored: all over a 1 mile area.

This is clearly an alien event.

83000 dead fish. Sister event. Could possibly be related to Hell's Half Acre.

5. I dont think the news is telling us everything. I have never heard of this many birds being scared to death in one place and now down south in LA and the dead fish at the same time. It must have been the sonic boom from a space craft or maybe the condensate trail from that jet that was near San Diego California about a month ago. Either way it could have a ripple effect on other animals.

6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Wings iced up...........:razz:.........trauma happened when they hit the ground.:up:

7. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Right on! :thumb:

8. cables

cables Well-Known Member

I heard today a meterologist say that with the weather fronts we had moving thru, could have and more then likly caused the birds to caught in a strong updrafts and the expired due to high altitudes and then as the front weakened the birds were simply dropped. He also went on to say that this is very common to happen and the front movement and direction supports his theory. Sounds like the best explaination yet.

9. D

D Well-Known Member

X2:thumb:

10. bernie

bernie Well-Known Member

I think that they all flew into the side of Wonder Woman's airplane and that is what caused the trama.

11. ursus

ursus Well-Known Member

X3:up:

12. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    No not 100's of thousands. Millions roost in that area. I tend to agree with you on this. That is what I have been saying all along.

13. MtIda

MtIda Well-Known Member

LR
    Bird seed for sale... Contact Wal Mart, Wynne Ar.
    :fit::fit:

14. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

It happened right before midnight in Arkansas ...the birds would have been roosted.

15. canuck

canuck Well-Known Member

I dunno what happened but on a side note, the McDonald's in Beebe is having a special on their chicken nuggets while supplies last!

16. :fit: :fit: :fit: :fit: The McDonalds in Clarksville is having a special on filet of fish sandwiches as well.

17. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Those Mcdonalds post are funny,but seriously I really think this is a Bigfoot tactic for gathering lots of food at one time to prepare for coming cold weather. Basically bigfoot gets all wound up on some stink weed and finds a large concentration of animals(flock of birds school of fish etc) and proceeds to pass gas thus knocking the animals into a coma like state. So that the gathering is easy and the meat doesn't waste. Now I know you say "but in Beebe?' well some of the guys in the jeep cherokee that were eating beef jerky gave him a ride there and dropped him off

18. hunter34

hunter34 Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

birds

im 35 and guess how many times ive heard of this happening.2 and they both just happened they say its a common occurance :skeptical:

19. pirogue

pirogue Well-Known Member

If this violent storm updraft would have happened in the Arkansas River bottoms, we could confirm the existence of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker.